The dog musing/vent thread

JacksonsMom

I found out my dog is obsessed with night swimming. He's always been a big fan of water and swimming, but usually during the day he jumps in the inground pool about 3-5x and is done for a few hours at least. OMG we did night swimming 2 nights ago and he was flipping out - barking in excitement, jumping in the pool even when I didn't throw a toy, and he would literally just jump in, swim to the stairs, circle around and did it over and over again until we got out :rofl1: I wish I had known, would've had a video or something, I was cracking up at him.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
So the most amazing thing to me is that after two measurements Mia has measured an entire inch taller than Summer both times.

Wtf? That's totally shocking to me. I've always thought Summer was much taller. No wonder why Mia weighed more at the vet.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Joey made friends with an adorable boy with autism today. He really liked this kid and they followed each other around the park for nearly 30 minutes. So cute.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I am such a sucker for this puppy. He is just so cuddly and Velcro. I just had to let him sleep in my bed after his 2am potty break. And did not wake up for a potty break till 9am. I just love him. <3

And teagan today decided he existed and tried to play with him, although her playing overwhelmed him a bit. She can be a bit intense. Lol

FG167

Took me an hour to brush the mats out of Kastle's tail (from all the rain this week), but he looks pretty now.

Lyzelle

Can't figure out why Zander feels the need to puke up his nightly meal at 5/6 am every morning. But I'm tired of cleaning it up, especially when he acts normal otherwise, and it isn't a blockage.

But if I take his night meal away he acts like he is just STARVING. :rolleyes:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
So we get home from the trial and I am pooped. So I hung my agility bag on the door handle and went to chill a while. Dogs got bath and then fell asleep. I ate a snack then went to go take a bath.

I hear a noise. Mia runs in really fast then gives me 'the look'. Usually it means she's found a mouse or something. Runs off. I hear some more noises. Mia comes in with this urgent look and whines. I get a towel and follow her. She starts looking at me then at the bag, then 'shows me' the bag like she would anything neat she's found. Then she grabs ahold of the bottom of the bag and tugs on it (hey.... springpole?) Then whines. Then she tries alerting to it like nosework.

I just had to laugh. Yes Mia, the treats were put out of your reach for a reason. You telling me you found treats and want my help is a little amusing.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I rearranged my room today and now Happy is completely perplexed and doesn't know where to sleep. She likes sleeping in cramped little nooks, so her usual spot was to sleep in the small area between my bed and the wall. Well now that area doesn't exist... I don't really have any little spots for her to shove herself into. Poor thing is going to have to figure something out!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Izzie knows the sound of my alarm and automatically goes and crates herself when it goes off since she knows I'm going to be going to the gym. Me getting ready disturbs her beauty rest too much I guess.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Whenever Wesley see a squirrel (out the window) that he really wants to go chase, he runs to the door for the backyard and does this spinny-meaningful stare thing at me, that's totally different from his 'stand by the door and cry because I have to go pee' thing. Dude, you're tipping me off, I'm not letting you out...

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Hudson needs to learn that when it's 10000* out, we can't play outside
When he learns, can he try telling Cali that too? I was so glad that I wasn't on duty today, since I'm sure I would've had a heat stroke even drinking water.

Cali has a dental appointment on Wednesday which I'm both nervous and excited for. Nervous about her going under, nervous that something will be wrong with her teeth, although the vet said they looked pretty good; but I'm excited that it will be over and done with, for another year or so at least.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Time for more work on recall.

We had some visitors tonight, and since Cali was super excited to go out onto the deck to say hi, I figured "hey, why not?" Typically, she'll run and say hi; however, tonight she decided to run out from under the deck and into our neighbor's field and then proceeded to get closer and closer to the road. Usually if she gets loose, she stays close but tonight, she ran off. Luckily for me, her stay is pretty solid, but I was pretty darn close to running down the road in shorts and a bikini top almost in tears. I found her in a driveway and she gave me a look but I told her firmly to stay and she laid down to wait for me to come and get her.

Now what is she doing? Giving me a million kisses, because I think she realized what she did was a huge no no. This gives me a huge incentive to work on her recall more though, since I have been slacking off lately.

Locke

I'm currently fostering a little poodle, who is a kickass little dog, but I really strongly prefer larger dogs.
A standard poodle came into rescue, and the coordinator asked me if I wanted to foster/adopt him because he is not doing well in the kennels and they don't have a suitable foster home for him. BF gave the go ahead for a trial period, so I am picking him up on Wednesday!! He's pretty much everything I want in a dog.
I'm so pumped, but little poodle foster has to be moved to a new foster family. I feel like I'm trading her in for a "better model", and kind of feel like an asshole. She is very attached to me, so I think this might be good for her, and she'll be around other dogs, which she needs practice with, and she has met the foster family and likes them a lot...but...still...I'm going to really miss her.

Members online

No members online now.