goals/dreams

ohmai

I know there are people on this site who are a lot older than me, but you can still answer this =]

When you're older, what kind of dogs would you love to own? Which dog first? Why?

I'm 15 right now, and I'm thinking very seriously of trying to make it into the profession of Veterinarians. My dream would be, becoming a vet, owning about 3 dogs and maybe some cats, lol. I'd love to own a GSD, because my first favourite dog was a GSD mix, and my baby right now is a GSD (see sig) and he's just the most adorable/faithful being around. I'd probably want a pitbull also, because my other favourite, favourite dog I owned was a pitbull. Sweetest dog ever! Very friendly. And then.. probably a Husky or Australian Cattle dog.
That would be the best thing ever if it happened to come true in about 10 years time. I'd be working with animals, and have animals of myself at home =) Doggy paradise, lol!

Anybody else ever thought about their futures, including doggies?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
if you want to be a vet..study your math and science with all your heart....i suggest no one try a Victor (english pointer) until they have had a calmer breed. The more trainable breeds like labradors and shepards are good first dogs and middle dogs..live wires like this one need an experienced hand (and loads of time to be spent with)

Growwing up I never thought of a career, I kind of fell into what I do and been doing it over 12 years. If I can swing it Ild love to be a river guide, I need more gear. I have most of my personal gear just nothing for clients like lifevests, I dont even wear one. I could wire during the winter and guide in the summer, Im close to so many rivers. I have a fair idea of what fly or lure works for what fish and what time of year, I have a friend who I buy my flies from that can tell me allmost to a day what fly will work best for what fish on what bend of what river.

Ive wanted a Newfie since I was a kid, my dad had one that just walked in one day. Even without being a guide how cool would it be to just float on a river with Bluedawg and a newfie?

Richie12345

I want a german shepherd and boxer. I also wanted to voulanteer in something having to do with dogs... but have not really looked up on something like that, I guess I am too lazy.

GSDFan05

I'm going into veterinary medicine. I've worked as an assistant since I was sixteen (two years ago) and absolutely love it. I'm starting college this fall as a dual Zoology/Pre-Veterinary Medicine major.

As for dogs, I always plan on having a GSD.

Richie12345

Richie1234 said:
I want a german shepherd and boxer. I also wanted to voulanteer in something having to do with dogs... but have not really looked up on something like that, I guess I am too lazy.
scratch that, want a pair of hunting dogs, so I can go hunting!

Well, my career will be as a professional actress. I LOVE to act, it's wonderful to me.

In the future, I will probably be owning some muttsies, but I'd also love to get a Standard Poodle, Boxer (preferably a brindle, docked but not cropped), Neapolitan Mastiff, Newfoundland, and a Bernese Mountain Dog. Can you tell I liked medium/large breeds? I will always own my current breeds (Canaan Dog, Labarador Retriever, Border Collie, German Shepherd and Jack Russell Terrier), they will always be my favorites. But there will never be three more like my girls ever again.

bogolove

I would like to have a GSD, and a giant breed. I love the Berenese Mountain Dogs, Newfies, etc. I also love Great Danes, and Briards. Those are all breeds I would love to own one day.

ohmai

I love large-medium breeds also. I'm not that keen on small breeds, I'm not sure why. Just my preference I guess. I also love dogs that are furry/hairy! Not soo much like a Lhapso Apso though. ( I think that's what that breed is called)

bonster

Disappointed :(
As well as GSDs, I love the majestic, regal racer/slghthound breeds - here in Spain we have so many retired/abandoned/abused Podencas and Galgos (greyhounds). In another few months now Bonnie has come on so far and has been proven to enjoy company I might try a temporary foster for a shelter (to help reabilitate a rescue), and see how it goes... either to prepare them for a future 'forever' home or maybe they'll just stay if it works out!!

I'm hoping to be able to help out some with a shelter soon anyway....

Has anyone else done this - temporary fostering as well as having their own, permanent dog?

Members online