aw, poor Sunny

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
One of my boys mommas came over today, to drop her son off and show off their newest family member, a small grey and black kitten, only just old enough to leave her momma. Well the lady thought Sunny should meet this little girl. Okay, I love Sunny to bits but he is in that big clumsy puppy stage right now and even though I think he would play very nicely with an older kitten this little girl was just tooooo small to play with him. But the lady insisted so I held him on a leash and she held the kitten, and sure enough Sunny wanted to play. He bounced up and bumped noses with her and tried to lick her. This little bitty kitten swiped at him and started to hiss :eek: and my big baby of a puppy laid down, rolled on his back and looked all kinds of confused. Then he jumped back up and tried to say howdy again, and barked a friendly bark. The kitten was again not so impressed and impaled herself onto her new mommas neck. OUCH. (I think it sorta served her right though) I took Sunny outside until she left a few minutes later. The poor guy came inside and started hunting for his new friend ,but kitty was nowhere to be found. I took him to the park to swim so he didn't have too much time to dwell on it. It was just so funny to see the confused look on his face when the kitten yowled at him. It was like "take a chill pill buddy I just want to play!" :D

avenlee

LOL, how cute! They are so funny when they try to play and can't understand why everyone or everything gets so tiffed off.

Poor Sunnypup! He learned that even the smallest kitten is formidable! :eek:

You've got to wonder . . . if the woman is that dense, WHAT has she done to her skin-kids?

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Renee750il said:
Poor Sunnypup! He learned that even the smallest kitten is formidable! :eek:

You've got to wonder . . . if the woman is that dense, WHAT has she done to her skin-kids?
AH, you hit the nail on the head. This kid is with us mostly for moms negligence. The poor kitty had runny eyes and nose too and I'm guessing she won't be seeing a vet any time soon. :(

Invisible

That poor kitten :( Sounds like that lady shouldn't be owning it if she isn't going to take it to a vet

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
You tell sunnypup to beware those little curved nails at the end of those paws..especially for a smaller dog that is closer to eye level than a per say labrador is. My dog scamper got one of those nails deep in the pupil of her eye..her eye sight was saved, but not before a lot of pain and a lot of vet work.

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Invisible said:
That poor kitten :( Sounds like that lady shouldn't be owning it if she isn't going to take it to a vet
well, yeah, that was my thought. I mean, I understand being broke, but at the very least she could take it to the vet clinic at the shelter, since they do stuff for cheap. Oh well. I mostly posted since I thought Sunny's reaction to the kitten was too cute. All confused as to why this little ball of fluff didn't want to play. The only other small furries he has met have been dogs ready and willing to romp with him so I understand his confusion :)

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
smkie said:
You tell sunnypup to beware those little curved nails at the end of those paws..especially for a smaller dog that is closer to eye level than a per say labrador is. My dog scamper got one of those nails deep in the pupil of her eye..her eye sight was saved, but not before a lot of pain and a lot of vet work.
Ouch. I'll make sure he knows. That sounds REALLY painful, poor baby girl. :(

Members online

No members online now.