A list of breeds you'd like to own at some point?

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
-German Shorthaired Pointer ( I love pointers forever and always now. Their temperament is my favorite)
-Flat coat Retriever
- Brittany Spaniel
-Belgian Malinois (probably never gonna happen)
-English Shepherd
- Koolie
- Welsh Springer Spaniel
- Rottweiler
- Doberman
-Rhodesian Ridgeback (I've met about 10, and they're all the sweetest dogs in the world)

casey82

My list is fairly short.
I would like more Cockers. One of the field variety and several more of the American variety.

Koolies
Aussies
and Papillons are also on my list.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
On a sobering note, this thread always makes me think of a sign I saw in a gift shop a while ago with this quote on it (not this image):

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Breeds that I definitely, for sure want to own eventually:

GSD
Dobe
English Shepherd

Cardigan Welsh Corgi
Bernese Mountain Dog
Standard Poodle

Breeds I'm interested in owning but not 100% it'll happen:

Ibizan Hound
Vizsla
Bench-bred golden
Papillon

Border Terrier
Saint Bernard
Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Welsh Springer Spaniel
Spinone Italiano
Toller
Field Spaniel
FCR
Field bred English Cocker
Aussie
K/Coolie

Belgian Tervuren
Chinook
Whippet
Samoyed

better get started soon, lol!
Mine is basically the same. I bolded all the ones that are still true, underlined the ones that are down to a maybe, and left the ones that are pretty meh. Funny because I still LIKE all of these breeds a lot, I just want one for myself less.

The only new one is a potential mini poodle in the future, which is good because I'm definitely in the parsing-down-the-list phase :p

edit: Actually, I just realized that I didn't have Brittanys on there. Good chance I'll have another in the future, so that's another addition.

Equinox

I will always have a German Shepherd Dog, but I'd eventually like to also own a(n)

- English Shepherd
- Whippet (long or short haired)

- Beauceron
- Golden Retriever
- American Pit Bull Terrier (but more realistically I will have a rescued/adopted adult bully type mix)
- Australian Cattle Dog

Quite an odd variety but my short list as of now. Would also love to steal a pair of Bohemian Shepherds for the day (or, you know, for forever) to get a feel for their temperament :D
Bolded are still my top 3 breeds, and I would still one day like an APBT and possible a Golden Retriever. I no longer am interested in getting a Beauceron, although I still like the breed okay.

New to the list would be a Belgian Malinois for when I am a crazy person and no longer value my way of life. I'm also interested in an ANCD somewhere in the future, when I am more confident that I can get a dog closer to what I'm looking for in the breed.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
I'd love a Standard Xolo. I'm getting more and more intrigued by Koolies. I need to meet the Minnesota bunch. If BSL ever chills out I'd love another AmStaf. I'll probably just stick to Malinois.

Honestly, I'd be just fine if all I ever had from now on was ACDs and Mals. But, it would be kinda neat to have a HTC or a Dutchie.
I'm going to feel like a doofus, I'm sure, but I can't figure out what an HTC is.

Members online

No members online now.