The Official Pirate x Fiona Thread!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
She's doing great- she's close to being able to take the FSA (don't ask me what that stands for LOL), which will make her deployable I guess. Honestly the SAR world confuses me!! Basically, she has to do basic obedience, "junk" agility (like walking up ladders, across planks, etc), two rubble searches and directional control (being able to send her to a target from 25 ft away).

My mom is somewhat bummed, she actually has a Working Dog Conference this week and was supposed to bring her, but alas Fiona had other plans ;)
Was your mom going to the PennVet conference? If so, I'm kind of jealous and I haven't been in SAR for years now! I can see why she's bummed.

Very cool that she's getting close to testing!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I saw this thread yesterday while sitting around my inlaw's. I screamed "PIRATE AND FIONAAAAA! EEK!"

Nobody there was NEARLY as excited as I was.

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
Was your mom going to the PennVet conference? If so, I'm kind of jealous and I haven't been in SAR for years now! I can see why she's bummed.

Very cool that she's getting close to testing!
Yep, she ended up taking Riot instead, so it'll be interesting how she does. Actually, its possible one of Fiona's puppies is going to the PennVet Working Dog Center to be a part of their program- there is just so much toy drive in these lines, they would be great SAR prospects.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Awww twoo wuv! That picture is heart-melting.

Can't wait for wee puppies! This is going to be a wonderful litter.

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
So unfortunately despite Fiona's flirty behavior early on in her heat, when she was ovulating she would not stand for Pirate at all, and he wasn't interested if we held her still. We tried this weekend, but we ended up having to do an AI today, luckily it went really well (we got a lot of sperm from Pirate and did an intrauterine AI which has a high success rate). So, in about 3 1/2 weeks we can check for pregnancy- keep fingers/toes/paws/eyes/legs crossed for puppies puppies puppies!

JacksonsMom

OMG.... wantwantwant. Both gorgeous dogs! Can't wait to see puppy pics. I feel like I should avoid this thread for my own sake though :rofl1:

Toller_08

Fingers crossed that this breeding took!! And that cuddling picture of them two of them is super adorable. I know I say it a lot, but I really love your dogs.

Members online