Whaddaya mean, no couch??

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
*Sigh* Zeus has discovered the joys of cushioning. He's not allowed on the furniture or the bed, since he's a fairly large dog, but lately he's been sneaky.

I caught him curled up on our bed in a little ball. He had apparently disapproved of the way I made the bed, so he pulled all the blankets and pillows into a comfy mound right in the middle. I told him to get off, he jumped off. Good boy. As I'm walking away, he jumps right back on and lays down. I tell him to get off again, in a firmer tone. Off he goes.

He looks at me and gives a big *sigh* of resignation. With me watching, he sleepily walks out of the bedroom and into the living room. He promptly jumps up on the couch, spins round a couple of times and plops back down. :rolleyes:

I tell him, "No Zeus, no couch either." He gives me the saddest look I've ever seen on a dog, jumps down, and curls up on his doggie bed on the floor.

I feel so guilty. I don't know how long this "No furniture" rule is going to last...

Fran27

Lol I know the feeling. Maybe you should buy him a huge comfy cushion he can sleep on or something.

dani12

It's probably not going to last too long; with a face like his, you'll have to give in! We used to not let our Chesapeake up on the furniture but he would get up there anyway. Our couch in the living room was the exact same color as him (probably why we liked it) and there were a few times that I couldn't find him, keep in mind he was 100 lbs., but he would be on the couch and blended right in! I would tell him off but who knows how much he was up there when we weren't home!

Oh, it won't last long. We tried it, but Shiva just pulled the cushions and afghans and pillows off the sofa and made a nest on the floor . . .

I think she was a lawyer in a previous life . . .

Sheba

I W A L R
LOL!That's exaclally why we bought a loveseat!For Wendy's enjoyment!we can sit on it, but at night, she goes on her back, lets up, feet pointing down, and her hear on the arm!He he he LOL!Of couse she is allowed on the couch and beds because a.we dont use the couch that much, we all prefer the comfy chair, and b, we always have to invite her up onto the beds for her to come up.The only time she goes up on the couch is almost the same.Sometimes she will jump up, and sometimes you have to say" Wendy, UP!" almost ten times before she finally jumps up.The loveseat, however is her doggiful favorite.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Teddy isn't allowed on the couch anymore either lol He just got too big. He would get up there and trample you to get comfortable so I had to put a stop to that lol. Now that he is living alone with his Daddy for a little bit he has been sleeping in the bed so I think we are going to have to get a king sized bed when they get up here lol. He also has his own chair in his own room. if he wants to lay on something cushy he has his chair. We will not be bringing his old beat up Green chair. That will be going in the garbage BUT I have already found a replacement chair :D It is also a rocker recliner haha spoiled dog.

Members online

No members online now.