I Need Training Help...

keyodie

Keyozilla
I know I should post this in the training forum, but I figure that more people will see this if I post it here. :D Sry

Well I've tried this technique with him: As I am holding a treat and saying "Roll Over", I start to roll him over and try to lure him.

Most of the time, I have to try to roll him over because he thinks that if he will just sit there for a long period of time, he will get the treat.

When I try to roll him over, I do it gently don't worry, at first he will start to but when he realizes that he's being turned over, he thinks I'm killing him and will start to squirm around. At this point, I have to let him go because I don't want to twist him up lol.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. All help is appreciated! :)

femke

I have tried to teach penny " roll-over" at first she seemed to get the point. I just would lure her with the treat and she would do it. She really seems to hate it tho, and doesn't catch on to the command so I gave up on that one to be honest. She was so much quicker at getting " sit" and " down" and " stay" that I get the idea she just doesn't like to roll over lol. Hopefully someone else will be able to give you some tips. What i did was tell her Sit, then Down. and then I'd take the treat and lure it so she'd turn her head back over her shoulder and then roll over.

doberkim

Naturally Natural
how do you typically train? are you clicker training, luring, or what?

i assume you arent clicker training if you tried to forcefully turn him -

what you can do is make the motion as he is laying down - -- you can reinforce him first for just laying down on his side, and then he should gradually start to go further...

if you click i can break it down further...

Members online

No members online now.