How to show train a dog/pup

skyhigh

Anyone on Chaz show dogs/pups? I need some help. There are show trining classes around here but are too far away. So I'm training Maddy myself. Im doing stacking with her and starting with the gait. She doesnt like the gait. She either runs ahead or stays behind. Ideas? Also, anyone in Australia know how shows work? I know theres the baby classes and minor senior ect... One other thing... Anyone do junior handling?

M

Manchesters

Shows On TV

skyhigh said:
Anyone on Chaz show dogs/pups? I need some help. There are show trining classes around here but are too far away. So I'm training Maddy myself. Im doing stacking with her and starting with the gait. She doesnt like the gait. She either runs ahead or stays behind. Ideas? Also, anyone in Australia know how shows work? I know theres the baby classes and minor senior ect... One other thing... Anyone do junior handling?
If they have ANY shows on television, tape them, and watch them over and over. They may show Crufts down there maybe. Or you can buy tapes of the Crufts shows. Also contact the Austrailian German Shepherd Club and see if they have any training videos. You do need to get the dog around others so it won't be busy trying to socalize when you are trying to get it to stand still and bait.

skyhigh

Thanks. We've been socializing her at basic obedience school and on walks ect. She still barks when she first meets a dog. We've taken her out alot though. Should we just keep socializing her? After she barks she investigates. lol

skyhigh

Also, I havnt seen many shows on the TV. The only show I saw maby a year ago was about the smartest dog in America i think. But I might look up in the german shepherd club if they have any. thanks for the reply

RD

Are you dead yet?
If you get Animal Planet, the AKC Eukanuba shows are usually on 2-3 times a year, and they'll show reruns every once in a while.

A lot of dogs don't understand the concept of gaiting, especially if they've been taught to heel. They need to learn that "go" means to go at their specific pace, not yours. Once they understand that, training them to gait is a snap.

Tobysmom

I don't know how recent they are but I watch a dog show on animal planet every Saturday morning. It comes on at 6am here ( I think, its either 5 or 6).

I am an early riser.

pig ears!

asian like wh0a
Ooh I want to show my dog. :D I think I want to have it do too much though. -has plans- XDD

Members online

No members online now.