Any of your dogs hate a specific breed with passion?

oriondw

user not active
As is there is no hope for them to ever like them?

I dunno, my guy hates chows chows. I dont see a reason for hate anyways.

He was attacked by one, but chased it off when he was young. Then again we were attacked by rotts, malamutes, etc. And he's not agressive toward those breeds.

Whenever he see's chow chow, he starts growling and trying to get his little teeth onto the chow. Little embarrasing sometimes.

Any ideas?

nedim

Yes. Peanut hates ALL dogs. I have only seen her get along with two dogs in the time I've had her. A friend's Papillon and my neighbor's pitbull X.

oriondw

user not active
nedim said:
Yes. Peanut hates ALL dogs. I have only seen her get along with two dogs in the time I've had her. A friend's Papillon and my neighbor's pitbull X.
I didnt mean that... Sucks to be peanut if he hates all dogs :confused:

Colby hates little yippy dogs that bark at her, she also strongly dislikes big dogs that try to sniff her when she doesn't want to be sniffed.
May likes basically all other dogs unless they do something she doesn't like or Colby doesn't like.
Tippy doesn't like strange dogs at all.

Melissa_W

Skye seems to be really annoyed by most small dogs. I think it's because there is small dog that always gets out of it's yard and then comes over to taunt the poor Skyler Poof. When we are on walks and the dog gets out, he will just go nuts. The dogs smart enough to stay just out of his reach though. :rolleyes: He probably wouldn't hurt it anyway though. He's a big softie.

He gets really excited when he sees black labs, but that's because they are his favorite breed of dog. He used to play with black labs on the farm where he grew up. :p

Giny

Huh, that's strange how he only hates a certain type of breed. Then again I truly believe my dogs recognize their breed and seem to get really excited when they see another poodle. They are pretty equal when it comes to other breeds, Boomer loves them and Kassie could care less.

Giny said:
Huh, that's strange how he only hates a certain type of breed. Then again I truly believe my dogs recognize their breed and seem to get really excited when they see another poodle. They are pretty equal when it comes to other breeds, Boomer loves them and Kassie could care less.
I've noticed that with May...we went to a dog park with her and the two others once and these two labs kept coming to play with her.

nedim

Mikey27X834 said:
Was she socialized properly? :confused:

I got her when she was approximately 1 year old. I dont know of any socialization she has had. I try to socialize her as much as I can, but noone wants to came anywhere near your dog when theyre standing on their backlegs barking their head off. I introduced her to a guy a while ago and she didnt bark at him. She just sniffed him and looked at him.

Blackie and Rose both hate Aussies because they have been repeatadly attacked by two of them. And Blackie also doesn't like strange male dogs, but then, that is just Blackie.
I would be afraid to get an Aussie because I'd be scared of what our dogs would do to it. THey might be able to get along with other dogs after a while, but I really don't know what they'd do to an Aussie, even if we had it for a while. (And Rose also doesn't like little small terrier dogs that bark at her. lol :D )

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Don't a lot of dogs have trouble telling the body language of chow's so they get confused on the messages being sent? Could this be why your dog doesn't like chows?

Lucas doesn't like poodles. He was attacked by two little poodles when I first got him at 1 yrs old, but he LOVES almost all the shih tzu's we've met (which was like 3 lol).

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
Nah Nalla and Izzy B loves all creatures big and small. Nalla has learned to leave the birdies alone and lets them eat her dog food and then she will just sit or lay and watch the quail pass by. She is just a BIG BIG baby at heart.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Rocky doesn't like those real terrier looking dogs (ie schnauzers, lakeland terriers, etc.)

My neighbors have 2 and they would constantly bark and bite Rocky through the fence when he was a pup. Did my best to take him out of those situations though...

Although he met one at the socialization class he didn't mind him-- but he didn't play with him either- I get that feeling that he really just wants to stay away from them.

Rocky loves his own breed though, he seemed to be playing with only German shepherds at the social class. And hopefully next class he'll meet a Great Pyrenees, 2 Filas, and a Rhodesian Ridgeback-- those among other dogs. I'm pretty excited about seeing them, too! :)

oriondw

user not active
Babyblue5290 said:
Don't a lot of dogs have trouble telling the body language of chow's so they get confused on the messages being sent? Could this be why your dog doesn't like chows?

Lucas doesn't like poodles. He was attacked by two little poodles when I first got him at 1 yrs old, but he LOVES almost all the shih tzu's we've met (which was like 3 lol).

Might be. Usually he's pretty good about reading body languages. Usually he only attacks dogs if they either attack him or try to mount him. Other then that, even if the dog is snarling on a leash he'll ignore it most of the time.

Chows, he see's one a mile away and starts pulling and growling... That silent growl with lips sealed, means he's serious :(

nedim said:
I got her when she was approximately 1 year old. I dont know of any socialization she has had. I try to socialize her as much as I can, but noone wants to came anywhere near your dog when theyre standing on their backlegs barking their head off. I introduced her to a guy a while ago and she didnt bark at him. She just sniffed him and looked at him.

That's a shame, I'd love to meet your dog.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Dakota doesn't like GSDs or Pit Bulls. He was attacked repeatedly by GSDs as a youngster (Really, every time I had him around a GSD, he got munched on. I eventually just gave up, maybe its GSDs that don't like Dakota.) and recently was terrorized by a Pit Bull. He'll start stress panting and getting squirmy if one comes near.

Ripley hates everyone equally.

Members online

No members online now.