What can I use for misquotes for my dogs?

Cidney

Oh my gosh, the misqutoes are so bad all of a sudden. I was walking my dogs the other morning and I was swarmed by them. I was wondering if there is anything safe to use on my dogs because they love to go outside and sit in the sun. I do give them heatworm meds but can I give them something so they will not get bit?

Melissa_W

Advantix or Frontline will repel mosquitoes. If your dogs are sitting in the sun though, mosquitoes shouldn't be as much of a problem, because they come out mostly at dawn and dusk.

Cidney

These misquotes are attacking no matter what time of the day it is! They are small and aggressive. My neighbor told me to rub a Bounce dryer sheet on the dogs, my dogs didnt like that too much but they smelled really good, not sure if it repelled those pesky misquotes.

M

Manchesters

Daytime?

Cidney said:
Oh my gosh, the misqutoes are so bad all of a sudden. I was walking my dogs the other morning and I was swarmed by them. I was wondering if there is anything safe to use on my dogs because they love to go outside and sit in the sun. I do give them heatworm meds but can I give them something so they will not get bit?
I thought the little blood suckers only attack at night? Starting around dusk???? Anyway, get some vitamin B1. Take 100mgs yourself and give the dogs either 100 mgs depending on their weight or maybe 50 mgs. The stuff actually works. It is also great for repelling fleas. I wish I could afford to give it to all of my dogs. In fact, I think I will check at Puritan's Pride and see how much it costs these days.

HTH

Melissa_W

Cidney said:
These misquotes are attacking no matter what time of the day it is! They are small and aggressive. My neighbor told me to rub a Bounce dryer sheet on the dogs, my dogs didnt like that too much but they smelled really good, not sure if it repelled those pesky misquotes.
Wow, that sounds pretty bad! Is there a lot of standing water around?

Melissa_W

Manchesters said:
I thought the little blood suckers only attack at night? Starting around dusk???? Anyway, get some vitamin B1. Take 100mgs yourself and give the dogs either 100 mgs depending on their weight or maybe 50 mgs. The stuff actually works. It is also great for repelling fleas. I wish I could afford to give it to all of my dogs. In fact, I think I will check at Puritan's Pride and see how much it costs these days.

HTH

Oh, and I didn't know about that Manchesters, so thanks for sharing... very interesting... can you give your dogs a B-Complex vitamin, or should you just give B1 only?

M

Manchesters

Complex?

Melissa_W said:
Oh, and I didn't know about that Manchesters, so thanks for sharing... very interesting... can you give your dogs a B-Complex vitamin, or should you just give B1 only?
Well, as long as they get 100mgs of the B1 guess a complex wouldn't hurt. But isn't that even more expensive? Also what other vitamins are in the mixture?

filarotten

Fila the love
Cidney, I live in Texas also. And the mosquitos are terrible right now. Anytime of day.
It started after the Hurricane hit N.O. I guess they decided to come to Texas also.lol
I am going to try Manchesters idea. For me and the dogs.

Melissa_W

Manchesters said:
Well, as long as they get 100mgs of the B1 guess a complex wouldn't hurt. But isn't that even more expensive? Also what other vitamins are in the mixture?
Well, it may or may not be more expensive. I get B5 alone, and it's more expensive than the complex. Since I also take B-complex though, I just figured hey, kill two birds with one stone.

The contents of the B-complex I have are:
Thiamin (B1)
Riboflavin (B2)
Niacin
B5
B6
folic acid
B12
biotin
vitamin C
Calcium
Chromium