Yukon started his aqua therapy tonight

Y

yuckaduck

Since he is not allowed to exercise at all, we are allowed to do swimming with him. I took him to the dog aquatics pool and he enjoyed his 20 min swim but he will have to be muzzled in future to go there because of his biting and mouthyness or I will have to set up private swims for him. At least he got some exercise and I hope after some sessions he will back off with his aggression because he is so full of energy and so bored, that he is out of control again. I just hope this helps some, right now he is sleeping so it tired him some at least. Fingers crossed that this brings improvements.

He's got to be bored and frustrated out of his adolescent GSD mind! Hopefully this will help him, with both his physical recovery and his emotional problems.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WHERE did you find a dog aquatic pool? i have never heard of such a thing!

Y

yuckaduck

It was actually put in for race horses but the lady has retired from that and her great dane broke a leg so she started using that. Now she only accepts people who are recomended by her vet, so it is not a public dog pool. It is private but she has some regulars that use it and some do not even have injuries anymore they just go because it is fun. Thank god I knew someone who had been and was able to sneak in that way because my vet is not her vet. I had to do some smart talking because she really did not want to accept me. There is one person who takes her dressage there everyday to try and keep it fit because it has an injury. I think I might put in my own pool and start a business with it. What do you think? I never thought of it but I bet it would really work. Do the whole dog only and set it up really nice for them. OH I got ideas now....

Y

yuckaduck

Renee750il said:
It's got me thinking, Yuck! ;)
That's ok you are far enough away it would not be any competition. Marc wants to do it, put in kennels for boarding and put in a pool and offer that as a specialty and board dogs as well. I was shocked when he mentioned it and apparently he wants everything set up by Christmas. Wow when he decides something it happens immediately. Oh well not me I just wnat to enjoy the dogs that I have or will have and enjoy my kids. I also can report that Yukon is not limping or anything after his swim. He is very tired so you know how out of shape he has become because before 20 mins was not even a warm up for him. I hope this swimming helps him because he really needs something to relieve his energy build up.

Y

yuckaduck

I forgot to post but Yukon is not welcome to continue his aqua swimming because he is to aggressive and so I was asked to not come back with him. Even muzzled and on private time they do not want to chance him so I am starting on leash walking to try and burn energy.

Dreeza

aw, i am sorry to hear that.

When i open up my animal physical therapy place, Yuk will be allowed :)

He has reason to be aggressive/scared, poor poor boy

i hope he is feeling a lot better :)

aspen

how does yukon get aggressive in the water with a muzzle on? :confused:

a dog aquatic park is an excellent idea! but make sure all the dogs know how to swim or you'll need to post lifeguards! or offer swim lessons to the dogs LOL.

Y

yuckaduck

aspen said:
how does yukon get aggressive in the water with a muzzle on? :confused:

a dog aquatic park is an excellent idea! but make sure all the dogs know how to swim or you'll need to post lifeguards! or offer swim lessons to the dogs LOL.

They have dog handlers around, that is what the problem was he went after them. The basket style muzzle he gets off, I do not know how. I even loop it through his collar but he gets it off. The regular muzzle that keeps his mouth shut he has problems breathing with and seems to more drown in them that anything. I have started walking him and so far he is imrpoving alot. He enjoys his walks too much more than being left to swim alone or with a few others. He seems to really like to be right with me.

Members online

No members online now.