The dog musing/vent thread

Anyone want to borrow a 4 and a half month old border collie puppy? He's kinda driving me nuts right now lol he decided it would be a good idea to go backwards in his potty training! -_- but at least he's cute right?
Oo pick me pick me! I'm in mn too!

Haha.

I think you need to post a pic of this puppy, I am unsure if I have seen it!

Quiddich is gone. I'm crushed, but I'm glad for him as well.

Felony (the kitten) got spayed on Friday. She celebrated by decapitating her dinner chick and throwing the headless corpse at a technician. They were not amused. I thought it was hysterical

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
juhdeo;fhj;3ehjwfioehwijfhejwhferjk

Hank just ripped a huge hole in my favorite new sweater. Playing agility. Launched and grabbed my arm.

He also ate my comforter this week. Well not ate but shredded it.

Why can't 2017 come quicker?

:(

I need Koolie puppy.
I hear ya!!! I am planning on trying to get a koolie puppy around 2017/2018 when I will be done with college and have a house.. Then I will finally have a dog I can seriously compete with again!

Do you have a breeding you are looking at? Or just know you want a koolie?

Hopefully the next couple years go by quickly!

Picklepaige

I hear ya!!! I am planning on trying to get a koolie puppy around 2017/2018 when I will be done with college and have a house.. Then I will finally have a dog I can seriously compete with again!

Do you have a breeding you are looking at? Or just know you want a koolie?

Hopefully the next couple years go by quickly!
Oh god you sound exactly like me haha. I will be done with school and we're saving up so that hopefully S/O and I will have a house by then. Mine will also be a serious performance dog!

No idea on breeding yet, besides knowing I will have to import from Australia. Ahhh maybe our puppies can grow up together!

:D

teacuptiger

floor dancer
When you're having a shitty night and your Velcro dog doesn't even want to be near you.

Wtf do I even have you for, Roxie? This is not proper dog behavior. Do you need replacement batteries or something? Cuddle power and face licking running low??

Equinox

Okay, I know everyone's going to get tired of hearing this...but ugh I love this new girl. I was so worried initially about so many things - having two dogs, how Trent would hate her, how bad he'd be at sharing me, her being too much for me, us not clicking, etc.

I know it's only been a few days, but so far it's been a blast and completely wonderful. Trent is SO good, so incredibly mindful of me and allowing her to share me and his space. I'm walking the two of them together and they do great outside. And this girl? Everything about her is fun. She is tireless, toy crazy, food crazy, super hunt drive, amazing at tug...but excellent off switch and not dog or people reactive in any way. Quiet thus far, too, but everything is compared to a GSD.

I mean, she is still NUTS, too, but with her personality she's tricked me into enjoying it???

I know not every Malinois is like her, but I'm pretty sure I'll be getting more :p

Ugh. Puppy sleeps like a rock while he hangs out in bed with me but the second I put him in his crate he's all "hey let's PLAY let's fling ourselves at the walls of the crate and make tons of noise!"

I know he needs to suck it up but it'd be nice not waking up to puppies flinging themselves against metal. I don't even think he's trying to get out I genuinely think he's just playing in there :confused:

Sekah

The Monster.
Thanks guys!

Unrelated, but related...

So I went to a funeral of one of my friend's fathers yesterday. Like most people I know, my friend is on my Facebook. My friend is not a dog person. Most of my Facebook posts are dog-related in some way. I had assumed he'd have stopped reading my stuff a long time ago.

The first thing he commented on, after the customary offering/accepting of condolences, was about the crazy dog videos I post, and how he enjoyed the video of my dog putting a cone on her head.

... I was amused, but a little embarrassed.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Okay, I know everyone's going to get tired of hearing this...but ugh I love this new girl. I was so worried initially about so many things - having two dogs, how Trent would hate her, how bad he'd be at sharing me, her being too much for me, us not clicking, etc.

I know it's only been a few days, but so far it's been a blast and completely wonderful. Trent is SO good, so incredibly mindful of me and allowing her to share me and his space. I'm walking the two of them together and they do great outside. And this girl? Everything about her is fun. She is tireless, toy crazy, food crazy, super hunt drive, amazing at tug...but excellent off switch and not dog or people reactive in any way. Quiet thus far, too, but everything is compared to a GSD.

I mean, she is still NUTS, too, but with her personality she's tricked me into enjoying it???

I know not every Malinois is like her, but I'm pretty sure I'll be getting more :p
I said that about my new addition too... I was so worried about him fitting in, liking us, the other dogs liking him and it turned out that I had nothing to worry about (so far lol) he is an awesome puppy, so gentle and responsive (so far lol). We will see what the future holds but he doesn't seem like he is going to be a really tough puppy.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Rigby, my crazy, neurotic, terrified of the world, little mutt just took public transit for the first time....for 3 hours straight. And she did it like a champ. Not even a whine from her on the train, bus, or cab. Okay, there was a vocal sigh about 2 minutes before we stopped the cab....but still.
Most of the people didn't even realize she was there unless she poked her head up or something.

Lately, I have teared up over this dog more times than I have over anything ever. And I am NOT the sentimental crying type.

She has come so far.
People have told me that many times, but it never really clicked with me until recently.

Lyzelle

Quinn has zero self-preservation. Zero. She is also immune to Bitter Spray. But she is the cutest, cuddliest, smartest, best little puppy ever! Oh, I missed my little girl so much this week with everything that has been going on. Having her just hanging out on the bed today has been fantastic.

Zander's eyes refuse all treatment so we are back to just rinsing his eyes will saline several times a day. It appears to be an ongoing issue that isn't related to his food. SIGH. Steroids might be next, but we need to check his liver.

AND THEY SLEPT NEXT TO EACH OTHER TODAY. I WAS SHOCKED.

Members online

No members online now.