Who has barkbox?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
1st of all: can I use your code thingy?

2nd: Merlin is like 40ish pounds, for those that do barkbox...is it worth bumping up a size to the big dog one? or stay with 20-50

Locke

I joined BarkBox in October and was pretty pleased with what we received, and can't wait for our November box!

Smiley is 25lbs, and gets the 20-50lb size. The toys we received are a great size for him, but maybe a bit small for a 50 lb dog.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
We have it! We get the allergy-friendly medium box and so far everything has been good for Brisbane. A couple of the balls have been a little on the small side, but I was traumatized by a James Herriot story as a child and am a little paranoid about that.

Brattina88

I cancelled this when I switched jobs, I wanted to be sure I was good financially and I was a little disappointed with the last few boxes. So I just used your code and renewed a few months :p lol

xpaeanx

So I just got my first Barkbox... and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. I got a few months to try it out, if I renew it would be for a year so I'm trying to decide if this is worth the $19/month.

We did the large size and we got a Christmas bandana, an elf, a yule log, and 2 packages of trendy cookies. The cookies were cool (because I never actually buy legit dog treats) and apparently we like the elf.... the yule log and the bandana were disappointing. Well.... we LOVE the squeek the yule log makes, however we do not like how firm it is. I was trying to play with it and instead they ran and grabbed our beloved frog toy that is the same size/shape but a lot softer.

So would it be worth spending $20 on? I don't think I would have bought anything in the box, but it was kinda fun to get a surprise... and when I have a real job I think the just the surprise factor might be worth the $19 and then treats are always welcome additions.

So all the other people that signed up... what size did you sign up for and what did you get?

I wish there was a bark box that could be more heavily customized. I would probably subscribe then. But I think as is I wouldn't enjoy at least half of the items in most of the boxes.

So I just got my first Barkbox... and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. I got a few months to try it out, if I renew it would be for a year so I'm trying to decide if this is worth the $19/month.

We did the large size and we got a Christmas bandana, an elf, a yule log, and 2 packages of trendy cookies. The cookies were cool (because I never actually buy legit dog treats) and apparently we like the elf.... the yule log and the bandana were disappointing. Well.... we LOVE the squeek the yule log makes, however we do not like how firm it is. I was trying to play with it and instead they ran and grabbed our beloved frog toy that is the same size/shape but a lot softer.

So would it be worth spending $20 on? I don't think I would have bought anything in the box, but it was kinda fun to get a surprise... and when I have a real job I think the just the surprise factor might be worth the $19 and then treats are always welcome additions.

So all the other people that signed up... what size did you sign up for and what did you get?
I have a large for small-boy. He loves the log, I'm going to have to kill it before it makes me crazy. I totally get it for the surprise factor. I'm not sure it's actually worth $19 a month in terms of the toys & treats. We have more toys & treats than we know what to do with, so I tend to bring a lot home to my folks & sister for their dogs.

One thing I like about BarkBox for us in the NY area, is that they do hold fun events a few times a year. They had a thing at The Hudson Valley Dock Dogs that we went to this summer. Then they had another thing in NYC last weekend. But it is only for people on their mailing list, or members, or something

xpaeanx

I have a large for small-boy. He loves the log, I'm going to have to kill it before it makes me crazy. I totally get it for the surprise factor. I'm not sure it's actually worth $19 a month in terms of the toys & treats. We have more toys & treats than we know what to do with, so I tend to bring a lot home to my folks & sister for their dogs.

One thing I like about BarkBox for us in the NY area, is that they do hold fun events a few times a year. They had a thing at The Hudson Valley Dock Dogs that we went to this summer. Then they had another thing in NYC last weekend. But it is only for people on their mailing list, or members, or something
yeah, I don't for ONE SECOND believe that price list thing they send out. There is no way that yule log cost $12. But I did kind of like the surprise.... and I guess it sorta makes me get them toys & treats.... plus when I'm working the price isn't terrible... we'll see how I feel when it's time to renew. haha.

joce

My thinking is I Never buy treats and rarely toys so this is my little spoiling I wouldn't do otherwise. Pet store toys are priced insane! I only buy antlers straight from the elk guy around the corner for a third of the price I saw them at petsmart the other day.

I won't get mine till tommorow.

krissy

I really like BarkBox. I look forward to it every month. I loved this month's box. Kili loves the elf. And she thinks the log is pretty nifty too. I really liked the bandana even though my dogs rarely wear bandanas (doesn't explain why I have a box full of them). And I like trying new treats.

Really, I like the surprise factor and I also like being exposed to new treats and toys that I don't see in our regular pet stores.

another thing I like is that it lets me buy toys that I wouldn't normally try. Last year they had one of these -

Hudson quickly loved it to death, as he so often does. A few months later, one of the local discount stores had these for like $1.50 (the small ones)

Since I knew how much Hudson liked his, I picked up 2 for him and a larger one for my sister's dog. I also ended up with one of these (but the raccoon one, not the beaver) -

I honestly don't think I would have picked one of those toys up for Hudson on my own. But thanks (or not thanks...?) to BarkBox, I know that he loves them, so I try to keep a few on hand

Dekka

Just try me..
If they ever made a box for dogs who destroy toys (ie a box for even small dog tough toys) I would likely be interested.

If they ever made a box for dogs who destroy toys (ie a box for even small dog tough toys) I would likely be interested.
There's an upgrade that you can choose for $9 more to supposedly get a more rugged toy. I did the upgrade this month. I haven't gotten my box yet, but I'll let you know if it was worth it.

Okay we got it. The upgraded toy we got was a really cute Planet Dog coal ball. It retails between $12-$16, so not a bad value and it's super bouncy. I liked everything else in the box. Ryker went nuts for the elf toy, but he's ripping it apart as I'm typing this. I think the log toy we got will last longer, but I'm saving that for Christmas.

xpaeanx

So I got my Jan Barkbox! I won't say what's in it in case people still haven't gotten theirs.

That said, I liked this box better than the Dec box(even if the toy was a bit creepy looking). I have a feeling they will like him though bc weird dogs are weird. LOL.

And the surprise of "oooooo what am I getting this month" is def super fun. :)

I've been struggling inside with this.... I want to do 'bark box' but Toby is allergic to all forms of poultry and grains.. I was reading over their allergy box and it didn't seem as though I could customize it.... I suppose I could give the treats he can't have, away, but that's a bit of a waste, no?

Maybe we'll do a trial run of this when we move into the new place.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Briz is also allergic to poultry and I don't feed a lot on the way of grains. Since we started getting the allergy I friendly box I have only had to give away maybe one item every couple of boxes. We get lots of rabbit, pork, and venison goodies and it's helped me discover new things like the Superior Farms venison crepe as an alternative to beef hide chews.

joce

It's sad how excited I get waiting for this box to get here. This is my life lol!

Members online

No members online now.