Excatly what I knew would happen....

JacksonsMom

My moms new puppy Lola is slowly becoming "mine" *sigh* Exactly what I DIDN'T want lol. She is attached to me, I'm pretty in love with her as well, but dang it, if I was going to get a 2nd dog, this is not what I would've chosen. And I'm hoping to move out within 2 years and then what's going to happen?! Arghhh she's so bonded to me. Follows me everywhere. I can't help it, I'm the only person truly capable of taking care of a dog properly in the house and I guess she knows it :p Her and Jackson also get along pretty fabulously - most of the time.

Oh and THIS adorable innocent little face...

pooped and peed all over herself in her crate today. Bought her a new crate because she escapes the soft crate we got her (before we had met her) AND she escapes out of the ex-pen within 20 seconds of being put in there. This little 6lb bundle of fur. Sooo currently not sure what to do with her as giving her baths every time she gets out of the crate covered in her own urine and poop doesn't sound very fun, but having her escape isn't fun either :rolleyes:

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Oh God this could not possibly be any more relatable :rofl1: Minus the poop and pee part, sorry :p

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Yup, it's like they know. Any dogs I live with decide they are mine immediately, no matter how much I try to avoid it. Even short-term fosters are firmly attached in less than a day. My husband wants his own dog someday. It would have to be a very special dog.

JacksonsMom

Yep!! I tried to be "hands off" with her so she wouldn't get attached to me... ummm that lasted about a day and then my dog geek kicked on. How do you NOT get involved :p
Yep, pretty much me. I even left for a week during her first week home hoping she would "bond" to them more. :rolleyes: They're the type that just... let her underside smell like urine, just from every day peeing (cuz she's still got long puppy hair)... I'm like, guys, she needs a bath. So I end up doing it. My mom is good about giving her breakfast but they often forget dinner til later. So I end up feeding her when I feed Jackson. They're not very good at actually playing with her. It's like they only expect her to sit there and cuddle. lol. She needs her 12 week shots, they had to cancel appt. twice, so I ended up taking her... and slowly and surely, yep, she's becoming "my" dog. The one thing I've been very strict with is that she cannot sleep in my room at night, so every night my step-dad takes her upstairs with a treat and she sleeps fine in their bed. I'm just not here every night, I often spend days at a time over at my dads place, so sleeping with me is something I definitely don't want her to get used to.

Last edited:

JacksonsMom

This seems to be working for her, a pen like this:

So that's a plus!

It's so tough because I'm not there right now and won't be for a few days and I know she's being treated like... a fluffy goldfish lol. Yes she's fed and let out and sleeps in their bed but other than that she's likely not getting any attention. :(

DenoLo

Poor girly. I'm glad she has you though! I bought a pen like that for my Lola thinking she might like it for agility class. I put her in there and started doing my walk through and all of a sudden I noticed it was 30 feet from where I put it. :rofl1: She knocks it over and walks it around like a hamster wheel.

JacksonsMom

Poor girly. I'm glad she has you though! I bought a pen like that for my Lola thinking she might like it for agility class. I put her in there and started doing my walk through and all of a sudden I noticed it was 30 feet from where I put it. :rofl1: She knocks it over and walks it around like a hamster wheel.

LOL :p I can picture that. And btw, Lola came to mind because of your girly! My 6 yr old sister wanted to name her Lily but my dads dog is named Lily, and I was like OMG that is going to be so super confusing lol. So anyway I finally convinced her to the name Lola...

Members online

No members online now.