How does your dog feel about their breed?

Ryker loves all other dogs, but not all other dogs love him. For the most part other hounds like him more than other breeds do. I don't think most dogs understand what the howling in their face means.

Gypsy is reactive and we haven't been able to introduce her to another dog yet. I'm not sure if she likes them or hates them no matter the breed.

Slick

Kristina
Leo definitely shows a preference towards dogs his size, but seems to show more of a preference towards dogs his age rather than breed necessarily. He loves romping with other young dogs.

However, he does seem to play especially well with other herding dogs. His best friend is a cattle dog and second best friend is a border collie. They can play for hours until they are both exhausted and lying next to each other just mouthing :rofl1:

Fable doesn't really discriminate between breeds. She tends to like dogs her size or smaller and can get a little aggressive to really big dogs (although that doesn't happen often). She likes calm dogs more than super hyper dogs that want to play with her, so there are some breeds that she tends not to like as much due to their energy and out of control-ness. So she generally doesn't like labs, goldens, or doodles, but loves old dogs and/or well-behaved dogs. Something really weird about Fable though is that if a crazy dog is a puppy, then she won't mind it jumping all over her (even if it is bigger than her), but if the crazy dog is an adult and it jumps all over her, then she will snark at it.

Toby seems to recognize boston terriers and english bulldogs as "one of his own", however he doesn't really enjoy playing with other english bulldogs - they're not really the playful type - so he usually tracks down the bostons, american bulldogs, boxers, mastiffs and other high energy rough housers to play with.

We don't use his breed name day to day, but he recognizes the words "It's a friend" or "look friends!"

Gimmick has only met one other whippet, but they were fast friends. He's very easygoing, though, and he likes everyone who will give him the time of day.

I would love for Gambit to meet another coydog, but it hasn't happened yet.

Dekka

Just try me..
I don't think its so much that Dekka recognizes other JRTs as the same as her. But she definitely knows them as a breed (she also knows and hates BCs for the most part, and labs)

Dekka would rather she was the only JRT in existence. Other JRTs stand up to her very rude ways and fight back. She much prefers dogs who are too polite to put up a fuss like whippets and cresties.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
All of the sighthounds I've met, even female ones, Roxie's been very good with and will even try to play with them.

Boxers, idk. We've only ever met one Boxer, and he wasn't a very friendly dude.

amberdyan

Leo definitely shows a preference towards dogs his size, but seems to show more of a preference towards dogs his age rather than breed necessarily. He loves romping with other young dogs.

However, he does seem to play especially well with other herding dogs. His best friend is a cattle dog and second best friend is a border collie. They can play for hours until they are both exhausted and lying next to each other just mouthing :rofl1:
Hugo is really similar. He loves playing with any dog, and will try to play with anyone but if there's a big group he goes straight for the young herders. His best friend at daycare is a 9 month old aussie.

Members online