water

How does everyone provide water for their critters. I have a small water thing from petco. Ya fill up the reservoir in the top every week or so and it keeps the dish full of water. When i got it, it was heavy enough my cat couldn't move it, but now i have to keep it on one of those mats you put under rugs to keep the rugs from sliding.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I have a toilet bowl shaped dish (that makes flushing noises, lol) that I fill up probably 7-8x/day. There's also a bowl outside if anyone's on the deck.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
We have a giant ceramic dish that everyone shares. That I have to fill a couple times a day because Juno likes water.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Silver bucket. My favorite thing ever. It's so deep you don't need to fill it daily, you can sterilize it, and it has a handle. It also looks kinda cute.

crazedACD

We have an auto waterer from Petmate that sucks, it is too heavy to refill. You have to twist the reservoir onto the base when full and hope it connects properly or you get water everywhere. Upstairs (where my three are during the day) I have a ~1 gallon bucket that I refill.

How does everyone provide water for their critters. I have a small water thing from petco. Ya fill up the reservoir in the top every week or so and it keeps the dish full of water. When i got it, it was heavy enough my cat couldn't move it, but now i have to keep it on one of those mats you put under rugs to keep the rugs from sliding.
With these you should add a teeth cleaning water additive (or change daily). They are finding that fountains and automatic waterers are contributing to dental disease because of the bacteria that develops in the water if left too long.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
We just have a medium sized stainless water dish that I refill 4-5 times a day. Water dish outside as well. I throw it in the dishwasher every so often and we are good. Lol.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Big water bowl and I fill it up every other day or so? Mia lets me know when it runs empty lol. She is not a dog to let me get away with forgetting to do 'dog things'.

Saeleofu

I have a stainless steel bowl that I usually refill daily, sometimes more or less often depending on the weather. There's another one downstairs that my dogs, the cats, and my parents' dog share.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
We have a Waterboy. Prior to I had a stainless steel bowl, but Charlie tends to dribble and makes a huge mess with a bowlful of water. This one limits the amounts of water that's in the bowl and it continually refills itself.

With these you should add a teeth cleaning water additive (or change daily). They are finding that fountains and automatic waterers are contributing to dental disease because of the bacteria that develops in the water if left too long.
Any good brands you'd recommend?

Toller_08

We have an old stainless steel mixing bowl (for baking) and it's awesome. We've tried to find a new one like it, but they don't make them the same anymore. We refill it a couple of times a day. Ripley drinks a ton of water.

SpringerLover

Right now I have five water bowls in my studio apartment, because necessary. There's a water bowl in Buzz's elevated feeder, another on the floor near the futon, there's a bucket in Dixie's crate, there's a bowl on the mat where I feed Rascal, and just today I put a water bowl back in the bathroom, because my cats have a bad habit of drinking out of the toilet (and my toilet seat doesn't have a lid)!

Really? I didn't know that. I really want to toss the thing and get something else. I have to refill pretty often because it is small and the critter's drink a lot. And it's impossible to clean.

I just have some ceramic and stainless steel bowls that get washed and refilled as needed. Squash lets me know if I've let them all get empty by flinging them around the room. In the summers I try to keep a bucket or huge bowl of water in the backyard, too, but they tend to play with it and fling it around so it's inconsistently filled.

FG167

We have a large stainless steel bowl in the house and a Lixit for outside. My dogs share it. The cats have their own bowl in their room.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
We have two little stainless bowls... although I'm probably going to buy a much bigger one this summer since they'll likely be drinking lots more water. I bought the bowls planning to have Cali's food and water in them... but ended up buying her a plastic zebra print one for her food since she didn't like eating out of the stainless steel one. :p

Members online

No members online now.