How much does your dog shed?

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
im lucky...
the chis are MINIMAL shedders, spring and fall we tend to find the odd chihuahua colored hairs abotu the place but otherwise...

and ruby is a none shedder, when i comb here theres plenty of hair to remove lol, but like the poodles, the coat kinda grabs onto them so without a deshedder there not going anywhere, there realy classed as "none shedders"

then charlie the cocker is a low shedder, he tends to shed a bit all year round but again its only the occasional hair here and there...

since working at the daycare ive found out i have a SLIGHT dog allergy...lol, classic huh, live with 5+ dogs with no problems, but get around heavy shedders and suddenly get itchy nose lol.

its mild enough though that its just an occasional sneeze.

just goes to prove, none of our dogs are realy shedders at all :)

I have huskies...need I really say any more?? LOL And to emphasize my point...This was taken when he was only starting to blow his coat!

The nice thing about these guys though, is that when they arent blowing coat they arent shedding at all! :D

Toller_08

Dance is a pretty minimal shedder, Keira's a pup so not much of a shedder yet, Morgan is a very heavy shedder, and Winston's somewhere between moderate & heavy. There are pokey little black hairs everywhere that belong to those two.

SharkBait

umm... Matisse doesn't shed much thank goodness... He's got fur like a tibetan terrier, quite long...but not that sheddable :D ooo new word.
Although all his hair seems to fall of when he gets bathed!

mrose_s

BusterLove
Mac sheds minimally, so does Harry, their coats are pretty tough. Sophies coat is very smooth with no undercoat but the hair just falls off her. But is the worst though, at change of season I can just pull handfulls out of him at a time.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Shed? Middie? Surely you JEST.

Ohhh wait a sec, I've vacuumed 3x this week already, washed blankets and bedding, groomed him outside.. and there's STILL so much hair coming off of him you could make another dog. It's sick. I want to shave him. :mad:

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Chloe has really started yet... but OMG when she does... it is everywhere

mrose_s

BusterLove
lol remember when I moved here. We put the dogs in kennels straight away while we looked for a house. I started a new school, got a new uniform, was livng in a caravan at he time, somewhere the dogs had never been and had a rnal car whichthe dogs had only been n once.

After 2 weeks, I was at school, lookd own at my new skirtand there it was, a single, crimpy, Buster undercoat hair. It had travelled about 1500kms in my luggage or soemthing and laid rest on my skirt, the stuck with me and school all day afterspending 2 weeks in the caravan.

We actually dogettumbleweeds if we don't clean for a few days.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I only have to vaccume once a week. I can let it go a bit longer before I start seeing hair accumulating on the carpet.

I just ruffled and pulled at Sierra's coat (not hard, but enough that on a lab you'd probably get a handful of hair) and got so little I was able to count how many hairs were in my hand. About 10. Only one was guard hair, the rest was very fine, hard to see.

Infact, the furminator doesn't seem to do much for her. She has thick guard hairs, and not much of an undercoat, and the furminator seems to ONLY pick up a bit of undercoat. It works much better on my cats :)
I can't believe this. I only posted this YESTERDAY but it seems with the warm rainy weather we had starting last night, not only has spring sprung, but so has SHEDDING SEASON!

I snuggled with Sierra and Matt this morning, and we were both COVERED in dog hair after about 5 minutes! There were actually CLUMPS on Matt's black shirt! I've never seen that before! lol

So it looks like I'm going to have to increase how much I vaccume in the spring ;)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Molly sheds like crazy all year round. Though I would say her hypothyroidism plays a role in that.

Lucy, on the other hand... well, she's a bichon/poodle mix, need I say more? :p I might find some of her hair here and there but it's hardly anything noticeable.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Gonzo sheds moderately. He used to shed a LOT... but ever since switching to Raw, his coat is much thicker and he sheds much less. I brush him for about 15 minutes twice a week, which is enough to keep shedding down to a minimum.

Fozzie pretty much doesn't shed. He will leave a few hairs here and there, but no matter what I brush him with, barely any hair comes out. His coat is really smooth. Apparently, he didn't inherit the Corgi coat! :3

shazbot

not so newby
can you say tumble weeds? LOL...out of my 3 my worst shedder is Niko my short haired boy, next my shepherd Chiana and then KC my golden. I can vacuum and a few hours later I have tumble weeds of fluff rolling across my floor...lol...seems like no amount of brushing really helps.

ron

southern fried mush
My dog, Shadow, blows undercoat every spring, including now. His undercoat is white and gray. He will also shed some of the red.

Bofinger

Our ridgeless Rhodesian Ridgeback is the shedder, which is surprising because she has short hair. Our chow/retriever only sheds a few times a year, and then its a couple of big tumbleweeds of fur and thats it. We started using New Optima 365 (recommended by Vet) to help with the shedding. It does work but it takes about 4-5 weeks to see a difference. Also, a quart of it is about $70 so it's not cheap.

bubbatd

I really doubt if any dog could shed more than Ollie ! Take your worse shedding Lab , have each hair 3" long and curly . He sheds 3 times more than any of my Goldens did , so if his other half IS Poodle , forget the idea that a Golden/Poodle mix doesn't shed ! I use 4 different tools on him and could still get more out ! The only nice thing was that so much of him went to France with me !

Members online

No members online now.