Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 01-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Top Dog

Jari sounds like he did great! That's only a minor baby dog bobble. Trust me... it could be MUCH worse!

Kili has class tonight for the first time since she had her weird injury/ghost whispering incident. She's been on controlled exercise, stretching, and rehab exercises, plus laser treatments for the last 2 weeks. Took her to a practice on Friday and just ran her once and she did awesome. Hoping for the same tonight. If all goes well then trial this weekend. Which should go great considering we've had no practice since about mid December. Sigh.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 01-21-2015, 12:24 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy View Post
Jari sounds like he did great! That's only a minor baby dog bobble. Trust me... it could be MUCH worse!

Kili has class tonight for the first time since she had her weird injury/ghost whispering incident. She's been on controlled exercise, stretching, and rehab exercises, plus laser treatments for the last 2 weeks. Took her to a practice on Friday and just ran her once and she did awesome. Hoping for the same tonight. If all goes well then trial this weekend. Which should go great considering we've had no practice since about mid December. Sigh.
I will keep my fingers crossed for a good class tonight! Maybe this will be one of those times that when you take a long break from something the dog comes back more on fire. LOL.

So I have a borrowed 2x2 set to teach weave entrances. I'm finally seeing it "click" in his little head. I love watching that moment in a dog... "Oh! THIS is what you mean!" It's just so awesome. /end gushy moment.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:13 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:

Yeah he did pretty well, all things considered

Now I know that these things run super late so I can plan accordingly

I hope you have fun at class!!! Run well and have fun, Kili!!!!

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 23 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 5 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 5 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti ThD CGC TDIA - 7 years old (M)
Old 01-21-2015, 04:18 PM
Top Dog

Thanks guys. Really worried about her. I don't know why she gets sore like this. It concerns me for her long term career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpaeanx View Post
Maybe this will be one of those times that when you take a long break from something the dog comes back more on fire. LOL.
I wish *fire* was the problem. lol. It's going to be more like... too much fire... wild fire... arson... burn the building down... run like a lunatic!

Old 01-21-2015, 05:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I wish *fire* was the problem. lol. It's going to be more like... too much fire... wild fire... arson... burn the building down... run like a lunatic!
Put on your fastest sneakers and enjoy the ride !

Seriously, I hope she stays sound and happy and that she doesn't actually set the building on fire.

Quote:
He skipped the first jump and decided to sniff and zoom real quick, but then he did come back for the second obstacle, took it, and was basically fine for the rest hahaha. One little bobble with a jump halfway through because I didn't connect with him like I needed to out of a tunnel. Everything else was good.
Congratulations! First trial in the record books, and it sounds like it went pretty darn well.

I dropped a USDAA entry in the mail last night on my way home from barn practice, and I have been in a mild panic ever since. Gusto hasn't really run USDAA since last June, before Tristan died and he was hurt and I decided I needed to put some serious effort into working on our issues or give up and retire him. I really, really feel like we are on the right track and things are coming together. He's been happy and confident at the two CPE trials I ran him at (much, much, much easier courses than he'll see back in his usual PIII). He's learned some fabulous new skills that he is confident using, our relationship has grown by leaps and bounds, and I've learned a lot about what triggers his stress issues. The trial is at his favorite site, with flooring he loves, and it is heated but cool in the building. Every piece I can possibly control is in place.

And what the you-know-what am I going to do if nothing has changed??

Old 01-21-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Congratulations! First trial in the record books, and it sounds like it went pretty darn well.

I dropped a USDAA entry in the mail last night on my way home from barn practice, and I have been in a mild panic ever since. Gusto hasn't really run USDAA since last June, before Tristan died and he was hurt and I decided I needed to put some serious effort into working on our issues or give up and retire him. I really, really feel like we are on the right track and things are coming together. He's been happy and confident at the two CPE trials I ran him at (much, much, much easier courses than he'll see back in his usual PIII). He's learned some fabulous new skills that he is confident using, our relationship has grown by leaps and bounds, and I've learned a lot about what triggers his stress issues. The trial is at his favorite site, with flooring he loves, and it is heated but cool in the building. Every piece I can possibly control is in place.

And what the you-know-what am I going to do if nothing has changed??
Thank you!!! It's nice that he isn't stressy like Kimma. Weird change LOL. But of course he has other issues, like being a goofy boy and needing to smell ALL the things because THERE MIGHT BE A GIRL SOMEWHERE.

I'm hoping you guys are just fine and that Gusto has happy runs. I seriously know how you feel. <3

Boundless Pawsibilities

Old 01-24-2015, 02:17 PM
Top Dog

Pulled Kili from the trial. She's still not right.

Her first turn on Wednesday night at class was amazing. I was discombobulated because I was warming her up instead of walking the course... but she seemed happy and fast.

Second run I started to notice little things and wonder if she was a little off.

Third turn was gamble and she was definitely hesitant about the weaves, but everything else was okay.

So we pulled out of the trial this weekend, which sucks. I'm out of town for the next week and a half so hopefully some rest will do her some good. Then I need to try to get her back in to see her chiro and some other rehab options. And I'm also going to try an animal communicator and see if I can figure out how/why this keeps happening.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:20 PM

Poor Kili I hope you figure out what's wrong. She looked like she was having a blast in the video though!! Hopefully it's nothing serious....

Boundless Pawsibilities

Old 01-25-2015, 11:11 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
So we pulled out of the trial this weekend, which sucks. I'm out of town for the next week and a half so hopefully some rest will do her some good. Then I need to try to get her back in to see her chiro and some other rehab options. And I'm also going to try an animal communicator and see if I can figure out how/why this keeps happening.
I highly recommend Dr. Veronica Devall out of Calgary holistic clinic if you can get there. She's Izzie's rehab vet and is amazing, used to be a trail vet for the iditarod. She's got a lot of things up her sleeve for treatments.

Izzie RA AGIS AGJIS MADC MSDC MJDC CGN

The Proudest Pug