Is this Normal?

Dreeza

my doggie loves attention and people...(obviously thats not the part i think is abnormal :D )

What i was wondering about though...is he refuses to eat or play when he is by himself.

He loves his kongs filled with peanut butter...and the other day i gave one to him, and then went upstairs to shower...i come back down and he hasnt even touched it...once i gave it to him, he started eating it again.

He does this a lot. We have to put him in his kennel outside sometimes, and we give him some bones to chew on, and various treats (although he usually will eat the little treats...like pupparoni)

I dont even think he drinks his water.

Are most dogs like this?

And random...but today when i was walking him, he threw up twice...the first time it was really green...and the second time it was really yellow...should i be oncerned? He seems fine now

Thanks!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Well I don't know if it is normal but I know when we first got teddy he was the same way. He would only eat the delicious treats lol but he wouldn't touch anything else. I experienced the same thing even with the kong filled with peanut butter. I thought maybe he didn't like peanut butter but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I don't have an explanation but I did go through the same thing so if it is abnormal you aren't alone :D

how old is your puppy again? and how long have you had her? i forget :eek:

Dreeza

hehe its ok...Oakley is a boy (i know, the pink toy is deceptive...he picked out though!! Just plucked it out of one of the bins in Petco, and carried it around the store!)

He is about 11 months (we dont know exactly) and we have had him for 5 months

I know he likes the things..he will be chewing on it fine inside, so i feel bad taking it away from him when i put him outside, so i bring it with me, and then he wont touch it...unless i am standing there

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
HAHA sorry for the mistake actually while I was posting I just couldn't remember if you said he or she lol So I just went with one lol I had a 50% chance lol.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
usually if a dog throws up a yellowish or greenish fluid it is bile and often happens on an empty stomach..i think when it comes to eating each and every dog is different..Victor doesn't want to eat period..HE is my jack sprat could eat no fat and Mary the wife that could eat no lean..if you know the poem..i guess your pooch just prefers company when he dines.

Dreeza

haha to rocky!

yeah...he did have an empty stomach..he doesnt eat much

But im just surprised he doesnt eat treats when he is alone

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
guess his biggest treat is your company..when they love you like that they usually end up being your heart dog..if so you will be very very lucky.

Dreeza

smkie said:
guess his biggest treat is your company..when they love you like that they usually end up being your heart dog..if so you will be very very lucky.
what exactly is a 'heart dog'

and if he loves me so much then why does he bite me :(

Staff online

Members online