Pls Help!!!!

Fran27

When he jumps, ignore him, eventually he will stop.

Seriously though, did you read anything about dogs before getting him? Because one of the first things you read everywhere is that dogs jump.

Although you're forgiven, as you came here to ask for advice :p

frznbuns

Have been reading the post on your problem with your new baby. There is a lot of good advice there. first exercise,exercise, exercise. When you bring a new dog home for the first time, you should go on a walk right away for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.(this is for older rescue dogs not an 8 week old puppy).By walking the dog at your side, you are telling it, Hey I am Alpha here and you will follow me.
next, Kennel train is so important! When your little one is in the Kennel and barking, do not go see what is going on. Ignore them! You can also Make a "no no can" put 8 pennies in a pop can and tape the top shut. When the dog is barking, shake the can and say "no No!" the dog will learn that it does not like the can noise and the will learn that No No means to be quiet. Also banging on the Kennel top as the dog is barking and saying No will also stop the barking in the Kennel.
As for the jumping, dogs jump,bark, lick, and whine at the alpha dog to say, Hi I am so glad you are back, Most Alpha dog will ignore this and turn away from the lower ranking dog who is doing this. Again ignore this jumping, Turn you body away from your dog and fold you hands, When the dog is quiet then go to pet him.
A couple of books for you to get are-
The Dog Whisperer by Paul Owens,
Barron's- Breaking Bad Habits in Dogs
Maran- Illustrated Dog Training.
The main thing you need to remember is that Dogs are like having a small child in the house and they need love and training.
Good luck

teapot

please help

hi i bet you are so tired , with your dog barking all the time , one trick we have here in the uk is put a cuddley toy in with him, and also put a ticking clock nearby as they will think there mum is close by , and anothe idea is by a gong it is a big rubber toy that you can fill with his food and when you go to bed give it to him then it can taks a while , to lick it clean ...good luck ..teapot

Members online

No members online now.