My name is Chilli. What the heck am I?

Domestika

Here's my little Mexican street dog. I've had him a week. He's still unsure. :) He's loving our trail hikes together, especially when he chases birds or smells and forgets that there is a human anywhere involved in the equation haha

He's got to be part Red Heeler. Looks very Basenji and has many Basenji traits but I'm told there's no way a Basenji would be wondering the streets of Mexico. Gotta be something skinny in there...whippet? He's about 35 pounds.

This is Chilli's brother from another mother, Henry. Also a Mexican rescue. Not related at all.

Last edited:

milos_mommy

I don't see basenji at all, but definitely see heeler or cattle dog.

My guess would be cattle dog x some kind of lurcher or pariah dog type parent. some houndy type dog wouldn't surprise me either, from the body and face shape. Scent or sight hound.

Whatever he is, he's certainly adorable! Definitely heeler, but I don't have any guesses past that. And Chili is an awesome name for him.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Handsome boy!

Mirroring everyone else to say definitely some red ACD in there. I would also guess maybe a little of the scent or sight hounds or even BC like Psy mentioned.

Hope he settles in nicely with you. :)

Members online

No members online now.