Long time no see! Journ + Friends

Toller_08

I don't really post here that often anymore because Facebook is more convenient on my phone, but I thought I'd share some recent pictures here for those not on Facebook as I haven't posted a real picture thread since October. That's a long time for me haha.

First, a couple of group photos from last month:

And here are a bunch taken just the other day of the girls. Ripley is due for a photoshoot soon too. It's been a while since I've taken any of him and I need to make a point of doing that soon. :)

I'm pretty sure Fen is a Tasmanian Devil/Rabbit hybrid with just a little dog thrown in for good measure lol. She's fun, but she's a little crazy. Also super snuggly in the evenings though.

More on the way...

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Fabulous photos and gorgeous dogs, as always! Fennec is getting so big!!

Is she still temporary? I'm very impressed with your willpower.

Toller_08

Thanks, guys! Glad you enjoyed them. :)

Fabulous photos and gorgeous dogs, as always! Fennec is getting so big!!

Is she still temporary? I'm very impressed with your willpower.
Yep, she is still temporary haha. I go back and forth often, but I really don't need another young dog. She is taking away time from Journey and all the stuff I want to do with her, and as much as I enjoy her and think she's adorable and sweet and beautiful (she's my ideal looking Toller), I don't think I actually want her for myself. I'm really hoping my mom will cave and want to keep her for herself, but for as nice a dog as she's growing into, she's not what I want and I can't get past that. I love Journey too much and I love Journey's breeder and the little Aussie family that comes with her and I want another dog from her and her only. I also have to share Fen with her breeder, and while I don't mind, I don't know if I want to share a dog either. Besides that, she's frantic and a bit soft and very toller-ish (obviously lol) and I'm finding that I don't love the breed as much as I thought I did. It certainly wouldn't be the end of the world if I kept her. I do love her and I love many things about her and I like the co-own contract she'd be on, but keeping her means I'll probably still get the puppy I actually want in a year or two and have more dogs than I really want, and I'm sad that I feel like she's taking a little bit of Journey training time away and also sad that I can't commit to Fen 100% like I did with Journey as a puppy. I think puppies deserve to have the majority of time and attention focused on them for at least the first year, but Journ is only 2 1/2 and I've just actually begun training for certain things within the last 8 months because I was waiting for her to grow up, and I just feel like it's too soon and not necessarily entirely fair to her or Fennec because my time and finances are limited. So yeah, I don't know. I know some people successfully raise and train multiple young dogs, but I feel like I'm letting one or the other down. Not to mention that Ripley and Dance are pretty well getting to be seniors now and I also don't want to take more time away from them.

As usual, I am probably over thinking everything haha. It's what I do best. But I just feel it's not the right time and not the right dog and for as fantastic as she is, it doesn't mean I have to keep her. The whole reason I wanted a temporary puppy was to cure my puppy fever and knock some sense back into me and that she did!

Every time I see Journey, I am amazed. If someone were to ask me what I thought the ideal Aussie looked like, I would point to her. Plus, I'm a sucker for tricolors.

Fennec is still precious, even if you did steal the name I wanted for my whippet. :lol-sign: I just love that picture of her with her little legs and rear in the air When will you have to make the final decision on her, or is that still up in the air?

Toller_08

Every time I see Journey, I am amazed. If someone were to ask me what I thought the ideal Aussie looked like, I would point to her. Plus, I'm a sucker for tricolors.

Fennec is still precious, even if you did steal the name I wanted for my whippet. :lol-sign: I just love that picture of her with her little legs and rear in the air When will you have to make the final decision on her, or is that still up in the air?
Aw, thank you! I'm biased, but she's my ideal too. I was a little worried I was going to end up with a big hairy beast, but I'm so glad she grew up the way she did. :)

I'm sorry haha. It is a pretty awesome name! I kind of wish I didn't choose such a great name for a dog who may or may not stay, although I don't think I'll seek out another Toller again and it doesn't really suit and Aussie, so I guess that's ok.

I'm not sure when I have to decide. I need to have a talk with my family and her breeder soon though I think, just to see if there is a timeline. I don't think her breeder really cares how long I have her as she's raising her sister and they're both pretty wild lol. She probably doesn't want both at once anytime soon. I know she's hoping I'll keep her, but I made it clear in the beginning that I wasn't really looking to add another dog and gave her my reasons why, so she knows there's still a chance she's not staying.

amberdyan

Your dogs are gorgeous, as usually. I can't get over how beautiful Journey is. I agree with whoever it was that said she's the ideal looking Aussie. So gorgeous. And Fennec is turning in to a gorgeous girl too!

iriskai

Gorgeous photos!! Love your guys. :) I know what you mean about the age gap.. I could have a 6 month old now.. But if I breed M next year, that's a year and a half between Whippet puppies. Too close for me... Fen is gorgeous, though! And Journey always is. She's just so.. Classy looking!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I think that sounds like a very well thought out an intelligent reason not to keep her. And frankly, if she isn't a good fit then she isn't a good fit-- as far as you don't click. It's crazy how when you find "your" breed you just know.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Welcome back! It's great to see you, and your dogs again.

All of your dogs... are amazingly gorgeous, but I'm favoriting Journey. She's so stunning, and I really like her structurally. Definitely what I like to see in Aussie's.

Your photography is amazing. Every single picture is amazing.

If you don't mind me asking, what camera do you use?

Toller_08

Your dogs are gorgeous, as usually. I can't get over how beautiful Journey is. I agree with whoever it was that said she's the ideal looking Aussie. So gorgeous. And Fennec is turning in to a gorgeous girl too!
Thank you!

Gorgeous photos!! Love your guys. :) I know what you mean about the age gap.. I could have a 6 month old now.. But if I breed M next year, that's a year and a half between Whippet puppies. Too close for me... Fen is gorgeous, though! And Journey always is. She's just so.. Classy looking!
Thanks! And I agree, classy is a good word to describe her. Before I got her I thought black tris were boring haha. Now I love them because they are so sharp and classy looking.

I think that sounds like a very well thought out an intelligent reason not to keep her. And frankly, if she isn't a good fit then she isn't a good fit-- as far as you don't click. It's crazy how when you find "your" breed you just know.
It's not that she's a bad fit. I could happily live with her. But yeah, she's not really what I want right now and the timing is way off. She also comes with expectations, and i have no motivation right now to live up to those expectations. But because she is a nice puppy, there is a part of me that doesn't want to see her go anywhere. So much conflict in my mind.

It is crazy, isn't it? I hoped that I would enjoy an Aussie, but I never imagined that I would love Journey so much and find out they were "my" breed. I don't really have a desire to own anything else now, as much as I like other breeds.

Welcome back! It's great to see you, and your dogs again.

All of your dogs... are amazingly gorgeous, but I'm favoriting Journey. She's so stunning, and I really like her structurally. Definitely what I like to see in Aussie's.

Your photography is amazing. Every single picture is amazing.

If you don't mind me asking, what camera do you use?
Thank you! I use a Nikon D7000. Sometimes the focus isn't spot on eventhough it appears to be in the viewfinder, but I really like it overall.

Members online

No members online now.