Agility training

DJEtzel

Which trial are you at? Merrillville?
Indianapolis/CPE.

THE MOST AWESOME PAP NAMED POPPER. I need this dog. I will own Paps when I get old and can't handle larger dogs. It's for sure. And I'll get a Popper clone. Please tell me someone knows him. AWESOME agility dog!

DJEtzel

Debating on entering a few classes on the East side of the state this weekend... I don't have any plans, why not? Recon's doing pretty well with everything lately... Pondering.

SpringerLover

I couldn't watch this on my iPad but just watched it now ..so awesome!! Congrats :D

Penn's second (and hopefully even slightly, a tiny teeny bit more successful?) trial is this weekend. God help me.
I struggled to control Buzz in a trial setting for a long time. What ended up working for us was literally doing 1-3 obstacles, in control, and then leaving to eat GREAT WONDERFUL BEST COOKIES EVER that someone was holding just outside the ring. I also did a lot of work on "leashing up" so he knew what to expect at the end. I know you've done a lot of different things with Penn, but I thought I'd throw out there what worked for me. I still never confidently ran him at outdoor trials, so I just stopped doing that.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I also did a lot of work on "leashing up" so he knew what to expect at the end.
Building up "getting leashed up" with his agility lead as a reward bridge really helped Webster and I turn a corner because it was something I could do in the ring and he knew it meant right then and there that he was awesome and was getting a party without focusing outside the ring for it. We did other stuff too but that was a big part of him thinking inside the ring instead of wanting to leave it.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Summer pulled up lame last night. :/ I think it has to do with her fall off of the bleachers on Sunday.

So now not sure if she'll be able to compete this weekend or not. :(

It snowed...again, it melts I see my grass for a day maybe two, and it snows again...it's been going on like this for a month, a whole freaking month, I'm tired of snow, and I want to practice more then once a freaking week, frak off snow, just frak off already.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Since I am off until May or so, I would love to see about getting into agility or some other dog sport with Josefina. I think she would really enjoy it and it would make the time pass much more quickly.

I hope she likes it, she knows sit, down, stay, heel, come but has never really done any obstacles other then a table, and a few jumps. I don't know what she would do on an A frame or a teeter.

Sekah

The Monster.
Since I am off until May or so, I would love to see about getting into agility or some other dog sport with Josefina. I think she would really enjoy it and it would make the time pass much more quickly.

I hope she likes it, she knows sit, down, stay, heel, come but has never really done any obstacles other then a table, and a few jumps. I don't know what she would do on an A frame or a teeter.
The teeter isn't really something that you'll be able to master in a month. Introduce it properly and your dog should be just fine with it. Rush it and you could really poison it.

Other than that, do it and have some fun!

BostonBanker

I have our first outdoor trial of the season in 10 days, and it is supposed to get down to 19 degrees tonight. I wonder if Gusto can run in his Hurtta coat...

DJEtzel

Recon's weaves are picking up a bit. Probably going to enter a few classes this weekend and avoid the weaves like the plague. :eek:

Some pictures from a training session Sunday. Trying to work on channels for footwork (his biggest problem) and 2x2s for entrances/understanding. He has a decent idea, he's just so awkward because he doesn't step properly. So I was taking pictures to see how he was looking in stills. Not half bad?

DSC_1936 by DJetzel, on Flickr

DSC_1937 by DJetzel, on Flickr

DSC_1953 by DJetzel, on Flickr

DSC_1954 by DJetzel, on Flickr

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I am going through serious agility withdraw.
You and me both.
Y'all could have come here - our local trial is weekend after next!
(Just kidding, don't come here. I mean you can because that would be super fun, and you'd get to see me post-half-marathon on Saturday which is always kind of amusing, and then we could go get some awesome food for dinner. But the trial itself kinda sucks.)

DJEtzel, do you have the 2x2 DVD? There is a section on there about how to improve footwork with the 2x2s.

SaraB

(Just kidding, don't come here. I mean you can because that would be super fun, and you'd get to see me post-half-marathon on Saturday which is always kind of amusing, and then we could go get some awesome food for dinner. But the trial itself kinda sucks.)

DJEtzel, do you have the 2x2 DVD? There is a section on there about how to improve footwork with the 2x2s.
I'm stuck working weekends for the next month or so. We are short a trainer and so everyone is having to pick up the slack. Hopefully we can get everything straightened out soon though, I don't want to go a whole summer without trialing.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Small World story: That trial is actually the trial at which Kim and I debuted, back in the very first year Teh Mixes were allowed in AKC. I have a vid somewhere and everything haha.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm stuck working weekends for the next month or so. We are short a trainer and so everyone is having to pick up the slack. Hopefully we can get everything straightened out soon though, I don't want to go a whole summer without trialing.
PLAN B I'LL COME BE YOUR SPARE TRAINER
PROBLEM SOLVED
yaaaay!

Small World story: That trial is actually the trial at which Kim and I debuted, back in the very first year Teh Mixes were allowed in AKC. I have a vid somewhere and everything haha.
Is it really?? That's so funny. Mine all debuted here too, but that's cheating since it's local. Were you there until like 6pm? Hahaha ughhhh it sucks being in anything but excellent here. There's like 15 total dogs in open for the puppies... at least that will probably only be 3pm...

Members online

No members online now.