Dog won't poop outside

TJarrett5

I adopted an Australian Cattle dog mix and she won't poop outside. She hasn't pooped outside in the 13 days I've had her.(They say she is around 2 years)

I'm walking her 2-4 times a day, She does pee on these walks but she won't poop. She will wait til I have to leave to poop. I put her in the basement while I had to leave and she would poop down there.

So I bought a crate, She poops in that too. (Im going to try to shorten it and see if that helps at all)

I'm feeding her once a day, No matter what time I feed her she will always wait til i leave to poop. I took her for a walk today, put her in the crate for one hour and she pooped in it while I was gone.

I have no idea what to do, the vet said she is healthy.

I wonder if there's a reason why your dog doesn't poop outside. She may have been taught not to while out on a walk. My standard poodle Chippy never poops while we're out walking but does it out in the yard and usually while I'm not watching.

I'm assuming you don't have a fenced yard you can leave her in alone. Maybe you could tie her up outside and then go inside and watch her from a window. If she does her business go out immediately and praise her and give her a treat so that she learns that its OK for her to poop outside.

You might need to do this a few times before she gets the message but cattle dogs are highly intelligent so she should pick it up very quickly.

Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.