Interesting issue at work

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
So, I have this "client" who is an adolescent intact female GSD. Very low impulse control, goes over threshold very easily, ect. Well, we've been starting to work on this and it's going pretty well so far. She attends daycare at the facility I assistant manage and I've just been helping them out a little.

She's now taken up the habit of refusing to get out of the vehicle. We are pretty sure it's separation anxiety, though she is completely fine once she is in the facility and the owner leaves. She plays, has fun all day with no issues. She's been coming since she was 8 weeks.

Do you guys have any ideas? I've told her to come a few times, hang out in the parking lot maybe get out and play some ball or frisbee for a few minutes and then load up and head home to start. I am not a trainer though, so I don't know where to go next.

Any suggestions on where this stems from and where to go with it?

Taqroy

How high up is the car? My first thought was that the jump is painful for her and maybe she has an unseen injury. Other than that...if it is separation anxiety I would just do what you recommended plus some kind of calming supplement (Quiet Moments works on Mu and Tipper) beforehand.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Hmm.. interesting thought! I didn't even think of a pain issue.

It is an SUV, so it sits fairly high.

Good idea on the calming supplement, too.

Members online

No members online now.