Dogs aren't safe in their own backyards....

Sweet72947

Squishy face
A tragedy happened in my parents' neighborhood last Friday. A dog named Mason, who I think looked like a lab/dane mix (large black creature) was sunning itself in the yard when his owners heard a BOOM and when they went to investigate, found their dog shot.

An excerpt from the posting they made on the community forum:

The shooter shot one time and put bullets in his back leg which shattered his bones, one in his front leg, and one in his chest that went threw his lungs, and eventually ended his short life.
This was in a residential neighborhood, upscale, with a lot of kids who play outside all the time. What if some kid had gotten shot? There was a police report made, but I don't know what is happening right now. I never knew Mason personally, but I remember seeing him outside playing with his family (which includes two small children) one time when I was walking Norris up there and they all looked very happy. He was only two. Yes this is the neighborhood where just about everybody has electric fences because the HOA doesn't allow anyone to build real fences. But Mason was not known to roam. In fact, when I was walking Norris he did run to the fence line and whine like he wanted to play, but did not cross the border. I doubt this was a case of him trespassing on anyone's land. There are no leash laws in this county, only a "dogs at large" law. My theory is that somebody was walking through the woods behind the house, Mason ran to say hi, and they got scared and shot him. It's not legal at all to fire a gun in a residential area!

Members online