are nylabones "safe"?

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
See I don't do antlers - after $800 in dental surgeries in the past two years due to antlers, they're banned from the house. ;)

Saeleofu

Nylabones are, at the moment, the only safe chew for unsupervised use for Logan. He can't have antlers or recreational bones because he's too hard of a chewer and already broke one enormous molar on an antler. He can't have the hardest of the nylabones, either, so he gets a step own from those. Anything softer isn't safe for him, because he'll chew chunks off and swallow them (he once puked up a piece of rubber bone that had to have been in him for several weeks if not several months).

Gavroche won't touch Nylabones save for the very softest ones, and since Logan can't have those, I don't get them, since I don't want him to have access to them.

Saeleofu

Let's face it - LOTS of things can kill our dogs. LOTS of things can harm our dogs. You (general you) could probably find a dog on the internet who has died from choking on a milkbone.
I know a dog that died from suffocation trying to lick the last crumbs out of a bag of chips. He was a service dog, but was left home that day due to an injury. His successor dog, his handler, and his handler's wife all recently died in a car crash.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I've got a couple nylabones- the very soft ones and neither of my dogs like them at all. Mia used to chew them a little as a pup but was never overly enthusiastic about them.

I also won't use antlers because they don't like them either. I stick to bully sticks mainly. Sometimes hooves and bones too.

JacksonsMom

Antlers, RMB's and cow hooves
Antlers crack teeth (like, a lot), RMB's can be choked on... they're no more safe than nylabones.

I wish my dog would chew on nylabones. It would save me a lot of money. He does need something to chew occasionally, and the only thing he really likes are bully sticks but they're too expensive lately so don't buy them much anymore. He did like the soft gummy type ones but he chewed wayyy too much off for my comfort so I won't do the real soft ones.

Members online

No members online now.