Frisbee and Herding

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
Well I had a fun weekend. Thought I'd share some pics!!

The first one, we took Merlin and Roofus over to my significant other's parents' house. His dad bought 6 baby ducks (now adults) (you can roll your eyes here) for his grandkid who just turned 6. Yes, they live in the suburbs.. apparently they expect the ducks will just fly away on their own.

Anyhow, here are Merlin's experiences "going ducking":

He never did let a single duck stray... pretty amazing considering he has never done ANY herding before! Pure instinct.

Roofus's attempt was hilarious, but I only took a video, and it's 33 megs, so I can't really share it. let's just say, he needs to stick to larger animals to herd!

Afterwards, I played frisbee with my pooches. Roofus is a great frisbee dog - except we don't do any of that him jumping onto or off of me stuff, given that he is 100# and HUGE! But he's very good at catching whatever I throw:

More coming in a second!

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate

I'm trying to teach the other two boys to catch as well... I'm kind of lazy about it, since both of them already do flyball and I already have a frisbee dog, but we are now past the "stand and catch" phase in their training.

Air Corgi!

Popper gets distracted by his orange ball so I had to take it away to get him to play properly...

Sometimes he still tries to catch with his paws instead of his mouth... silly butt!

More coming....

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
How's this for air?

whoops, missed this one (by a LONG shot LOL!) guess Roofus is going to get it!

Alright, that's the end. I hope you enjoyed my pictures!

milos_mommy

Cute shots! I didn't know OESs got that big!!

I want to teach Milo to catch the frisbee. He just waits til it lands though...

Members online

No members online now.