Tuckers getting Neutered!!! What should I expect?

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Finally! My mom made an appointment to get Tucker neutered May 23rd! Finally its really gonna happen! While she made an appointment for him I made one for my two cats Smidgeon and Wicked (May 13th) to get fixed as well. I am a bit overly excited but im so ready for them all to just get spayed and neutered and to be done with lol. Anyways kind of like with my cats I have never owned/lived with a dog where we had the dog spayed or neutered. On the farm my parents never took the dogs and cats to the vet let alone had them spayed or neutered. And so the only spayed or neutered dogs we have ever owned came to us that way. So I have never experienced the healing process.

So those with neutered males what should I expect?

bubbatd

A groggy boy who wants to be pampered .! Some attack stitches and need a collar ! ( Grand-dog Seger did , then chewed off collar and had to be re-stitched !) Other GS came from HS very swollen , but no problems . Most have no issues . It's harder on Mommy !

Armani was done a few months ago and he was my first boy... I was shocked...

no stitches (on the outside)... he basically looked like he had a really bad scratch and he was running around within an hour of getting home... it was like it never happened... maybe its worse on big dogs though... his "jewels" were smaller then marbles.:lol-sign:

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
I was concerned with Brawt because he is very active (rough play) and LOVES to jump on/off stuff.

After checking on everyone in the house (our female dog, the snake and bearded dragon) he went to his crate and spent the next couple of days there. I left the door open so he could get out and visit if he wanted. He did whine a bit for the first night and following day due to the inflammation. The vet ended up giving me a few pills to help with the pain/inflammation and he was perfectly fine. By the third day after surgery he was back to normal. Thankfully, I never had to deal with either one of them licking or biting at their incision.

Members online

No members online now.