Bi-Color Eyes

Juicy

I have YET to meet a dog with one or both blue eyes who is blind... except for one all white Dane I met at the dog park. But, his blindness was obvious. I didn't notice him walking up behind me and checking me out, but when I went to pet him I could just tell. He wasn't looking directly at me, and his eyes were not "normal", they were smaller than usual and very light. He was cautious, but he was a really sweet dog. With Aussies, the dogs who are blind and/or deaf usually do have blue eyes... but that's because double merle breedings produce all merle puppies, and most merle dogs have one or two blue eyes.

LOL, I agree, Juicy! I wonder if owners of Huskies or Aussies get asked if their dogs are blind all of the time... I kind of doubt it, but who knows? Actually, most people suggest that Fozzie is part Aussie. NO way, jose! If he is, the only aspect he inherited was his blue eye. He has a smooth coat, a totally different face, massive prick ears, a completely different personality, etc. Quite a few people ask if he's part Husky, and I tend to think he might be. His personality and some of his features are really Sibey, and he looked basically like a stumpy-legged Husky puppy. All I know for sure is that his Mom was a Cardigan, who was impregnated by a dead-beat father. ; D Cardigans can also have blue eyes, being that there are merle Cardis.

I've never seen a Shih Tzu with a blue eye! It's really adorable. I met a Boston with a blue eye once, and I almost died. Odd eyes really give dogs a lot of character... of course, Valentino and Fozz would be just as cute with brown eyes, but it sets them apart.
I agree. :)

I thought fozzie was a purebreed with huge ears :yikes:

Juicy

Ooooh if I had a pound everytime someone asked me...

"Is she blind in that eye?"

Bo's eye is very white, so I can understand, but still I am now so used to saying.. no, it's just blue.

It's actually not ALL blue, it has brown at the top, and her brown eye has a tiny fleck of blue in it.

Bo's eyes are amazing. ;)

Members online