Northern Blackout Leads

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
So... I don't think Ren makes her leather leads anymore????

I really really want another Northern Blackout Lead. I have tons of leashes, but my NB leads are my absolute favorite! I love the alligator locking snaps I have on them which is my favorite thing about them.

Now that I have three dogs I really wish I had a third NB lead... either 3/8"-1/2" wide, 6 feet and with an alligator locking snap...

Makes me sad that I don't think I'll end up with another NB lead.

Does anyone know of a company that makes something comparable in quality to Ren's NB leads that also has the alligator locking snaps???? I want a nice leather that softens really well with use.

monkeys23

Ask Paco if they could get the snaps in for you?

I am anxiously awaiting two standard leads from Paco. I am extremely impressed with the over the shoulder rover holder that I already have. Really, really top notch stuff.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Bold Lead Designs has those clasps as an option on their leads. I think Custom Canine Collars may be able to order them as well.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I vote we all harass Ren until she starts making them again. I want another one.
I vote this too. Does anyone know how to get a hold of her???

Ask Paco if they could get the snaps in for you?

I am anxiously awaiting two standard leads from Paco. I am extremely impressed with the over the shoulder rover holder that I already have. Really, really top notch stuff.
I could ask them. Do they make 3/4" wide leads???? They have 1" listed on their website. I have a paco leash and love it for certain occasions, but it just doesn't seem to get as soft and floppy (only word I could think to describe lol) as my NB leads... maybe I'm not using it enough? lol

Bold Lead Designs has those clasps as an option on their leads. I think Custom Canine Collars may be able to order them as well.
I'l have to check those out

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I vote we all harass Ren until she starts making them again. I want another one.
^this! I want one, too.

I could ask them. Do they make 3/4" wide leads???? They have 1" listed on their website. I have a paco leash and love it for certain occasions, but it just doesn't seem to get as soft and floppy (only word I could think to describe lol) as my NB leads... maybe I'm not using it enough? lol
They do! They said they'll make whatever dimensions you'd like, just mention it in the comments section of the checkout page. I emailed to ask them because I'd like a 3 or 4 foot 1/2" lead, but didn't see it on their website.

I looove my 7ft NB lead, but it's just way too long to use at DD events. :(

monkeys23

The OTSRH I got is 3/4" and the two standards I have coming are 3/4".... not sure where you are seeing 1" on the website there, I thought it was all 3/4".

The one I already have came already super soft and is breaking in divinely. I could ball up the slack comfortably in my hand from day 1, prior to any conditioning.

Granted I've never touched a NB lead, but its night and day difference from the 3/4" braided leather EL leash I have. For lack of a better word, the EL leather leash is "pilling" on the rough side of the leather. For the money I paid for it... sorry but not impressed with it AT ALL compared to the Paco leash I got to see what all the fuss is about.

JacksonsMom

searched for Northern Blackout leads and saw this... bumping this thread.

I SO want one. I'm in love with Amber's NB lead she has. I've never felt leather so soft. Usually leather bothers me, and my hands, which is why I sold the two that I had. I'm pretty happy with my Kong rope-like lead, super comfy yet strong. But yeah the NB lead, I'd pay big money for.

Someone plleassee let her know how much they are wanted! lol

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
searched for Northern Blackout leads and saw this... bumping this thread.

I SO want one. I'm in love with Amber's NB lead she has. I've never felt leather so soft. Usually leather bothers me, and my hands, which is why I sold the two that I had. I'm pretty happy with my Kong rope-like lead, super comfy yet strong. But yeah the NB lead, I'd pay big money for.

Someone plleassee let her know how much they are wanted! lol
Aren't they seriously amazing!?!? I'm trying to get my other NB lead to soften up the way the one I had today did. It's getting there. I would SOOOOOO buy another NB lead or a few if Ren would be willing to make more. So addicted to these leads.

Hillside

Original Twin
I have a Signature K9 leash I won a couple of years ago. Standard snap, but I LOVE the leash and the quality of the leather. And I am a Leash Snob. :cool:
Do you know who that vendor was at nationals that had those super soft black leather leashes? I believe they were German leather? I'm still kicking myself for not getting one.

Members online