ROFL! Poor Morgan!

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Some of you may have noticed that I've been having a bad day. Well, Morgan just took care of all of it for me.

I came home to an empty house today. My husband had come and left already for the gym, but he did leave me some leftovers for dinner. While I was eating, I let Morgan out of his crate to stretch his legs.

Right away, he brought me his rope bone. His rope bone is his FAVORITE. Anyways, he brings it to me, I take it, and then he backs away to assume his "throw it to me!" stance.

So I threw it to him.

And he caught it!

I was impressed! And he was quite proud of himself. He started prancing around the room carrying his rope. Finally he spun around to bring the rope back to me for another toss...

... and smacked his face SQUARE into the coffee table. :eek:

I feel kinda bad, but my first impulse was to bust out laughing. Then I checked to make sure he was okay (he was just fine) and then continued to laugh some more. He didn't seem too phased by it, either. We've been having a good game of fetch with that rope since. :D

Anyways, I felt the need to share.

milos_mommy

My dogs smack their faces on furniture 1000 times a day.

Glad he helped you feel better, though!!

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Heehee! Poor Morgan. But I have to admit, the clumsy adolescent phase is the best! I don't know how many times mine ran into walls, tripped over their own feet or nearly brained themselves on table edges by misjudging how tall they were.

Paige

Let it be
I have a deck and it has built in benches on it. It's the funniest thing in the world because Spanky ALWAYS tries to jump from the lawn onto the benches. This is about a three foot jump. If he would stand farther back he could make it but he always miss judges it and face plants. I laugh every time.

Tallulah occasionally misjudges one of her leaps and ends up rolling or tripping, lol. She's generally going at warp speed so if you blink, you miss it though. It doesn't faze her in the least . . .

Oddly, I don't ever remember Kharma or Bimmer doing things like that though. Shiva? She was the Queen of Klutz, and if you laughed, she'd do it again.

Ever wonder if sometimes they don't do it on purpose to make us laugh?

Paige

Let it be
Spanky is a clown. He does things to make me laugh all the time. It's why I love him so much. He can get me in my worst moods but he can also put me into a fit of hysterical laughter a few seconds later from his attempt to redeem himself.

noludoru

Bored Now.
ROFL! We need a video of Morgan's clumsiness...

Tallulah occasionally misjudges one of her leaps and ends up rolling or tripping, lol. She's generally going at warp speed so if you blink, you miss it though. It doesn't faze her in the least . . .

Oddly, I don't ever remember Kharma or Bimmer doing things like that though. Shiva? She was the Queen of Klutz, and if you laughed, she'd do it again.

Ever wonder if sometimes they don't do it on purpose to make us laugh?
I definitely do. At least with Middie... not always with the cats.... Emma for instance, would NEVER do anything for me if there wasn't something in it for her - and laughing isn't something she enjoys. Chili, yeah, sometimes I wonder if she goofs around like she does partially because I enjoy it. :D

Tenebrion

congrats! i would love to see brute catch, but he's more of a "im not lazy, im just making you do it for me" dog...

he does have a small scab on his cheek from running after his tennis ball and slamming into a patio chair...

i laughed... then later saw the cut and went 'omgomgomgomg are you ok?! *hug*'

i think he does it for the reaction though...

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Lol! You all have such great stories!

Poor clumsy Morgan. He really is at that phase where he doesn't know what to do with all his legs. He'll trip himself up at any pace, running fast or walking slow.

The head-smack was a new thing, though, and I don't think he did it for the reaction. I'm pretty sure he just forgot the table existed. :p With his personality, though, I wouldn't be surprised if he does start doing silly things for the reaction in the future. He's a goof. :)

When he was a bit younger (pretty soon after we got him actually), we were taking him on a walk and we got to a place where the sidewalk sections drop. One side is literally 4-5 inches lower than the other. Anyways, we were walking along, and Morgan was trying SO HARD to be a good boy that he was looking up at us, not at where he was going. He walked right over that bump and did a face plant. Bruised his puppy pride a little bit, but otherwise he bounced up and kept walkin'!

bubbatd

Poor baby !!! The only miss judgement I had here was when Hunter was dropped off . He wanted to see his Mommy leave so wanted to jump on the hot tub to look over then fence . Whoops !! I had taken the cover off and he landed face first in the water ! One wet dog and one wet house !

Members online

No members online now.