Home Training Room Equipment

xpaeanx

If you were able to dedicate a room in your house to dog training/dog fitness what things would you consider must have essentials for ANY traing? What things would you like to have after the essentials are met (like sport specific essentials)?

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Nonslip flooring, ideally with a bit of padding.

Storage for toys, small gear (clickers, treatbag, targets)

Sport specific items like sit boxes, platforms, a single jump, cones, exercise ball(s), paw pods, etc.

A spot for my cup of dog food out of reach of dogs. ;)

I also like having crates handy nearby or at least a door I can close since all my dogs get jealous when someone else is training.

xpaeanx

My list (hope to have a dog room soon!)

Extra Thick Foam Tiles:

Storage draws that fully close to prevent dog noses from getting in and provide a high spot for things like extra treats, my drink, etc...

Cones (must be fun colors... bc I said so)

FitPaws Peanut:

FitPaws Balance Disc:

I also a jump, a few platforms and pivot discs, dumbell and discs, plus balls and toys and treats, a water bowl, and a jug of water. Also, laminated rally signs to flip through for ideas. And I need a crate if I plan to bring more than one dog with me to work with because my dogs are jerk treat hogs. And a chair for me.

I train just for fun though, not really to compete.

Elrohwen

My basement is my training area. So far I have a couple jumps, some feed bowls for perch/rear end awareness work, a platform for front/heel work, cones, targets, and a FitPaws peanut. It's in the basement so there is plenty of storage for toys, leashes, dumbbell, or other things I might need. I'm adding a wobble board soon.

My only real wish is non-slip flooring. The basement is just cement and I haven't found a cheap solution for better flooring. I do use jumps, but no higher than 8" or as cavalettis.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Nonslip flooring, ideally with a bit of padding.

Storage for toys, small gear (clickers, treatbag, targets)

Sport specific items like sit boxes, platforms, a single jump, cones, exercise ball(s), paw pods, etc.
^Pretty much this + a treadmill for the winter. And cavaletti.

Or, since I'm a millionaire in my version of this fantasy, four treadmills so they can all go at once. And an indoor pool. Oh and my own heated building with competition size agility ring.

Errr...I think I've gone beyond the point of this thread now...

SaraB

My dog room has:

Crates (lots of crates)
Pedestals
Exercise ball
Treadmill
Foam mat flooring
Cones, perches, jumps, a million clickers, random objects for retrieves, pods, mats, etc

Members online

No members online now.