New garden pics

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

four oclocks..the best smell in the world, in my garden to remember my grandmother.

seeds saved from Aiden's pumpkin mato..grew this yellow heirloom.
So we will do that again for sure.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
today

still haven't caught the two garter snakes that have moved into my wood pile. would like to. Step out with out camera..voila..step out with, no trace.

The rose diner

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

''

Haven't found out what this guy is yet. But what a treat, my grandson Zoen was the one to discover him. He and his brother named him Lionhead.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
The morning glories are closing down the show with a grand finally. Until next year..4 months and waiting for me. I don't think the solid blue ones that are in with these are going to make it, that plant was put in a week later. WE have already had near freezing temps.

Sleep well little workers. I hope to be here next year.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I thought I wasn't going to take any more morning glory pics but oh my. THis almost never happens. It was cool and misty all day so they stayed bright and fresh into the night.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Temperature sure does effect the blue. This was a colder the more purple. This was the last one. I am glad the blue ones got some chance to bloom. THey were so late I didn't think it was going to happen at all. Hard frost this morning so that is it for sure. THe others bloomed on the compost heap which made me feel a bit guilty. I took them out too soon but it was by accident. I was cutting out the aster before it went to seed, there is way to much of that even if you are suppose to grow it or the bees. It will take over. I snipped the wrong snip and that was the end of the blue and white ones.

Hyia says it's boring now. I have increased the borders tot he strawberry patch and taken out the front bed by a foot to plant the tulips my son gave me for Mother's day. JUst about everything is tucked in for the winter.

frozen morning glories for Hyia's Halloween pic.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

I was sitting at the window with it open a few inches to take these photos. THe air became colder and colder and colder, it made you think of the ice age and how creatures still had green grass in their mouths as they froze to death. The birds acted a bit panicked, that wind was brutal. They didn't' even bother to leave between feedings.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
enjoying Natures show until 6 more weeks pass...breathtaking morning both in beauty and in cold. Wish I could get a pic of the trillion holograms falling from the trees when the birds take off. Soon as I go out with the camera though, there isn't one to be seen. Only the sprinkles falling from where they were.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
just a few more weeks. I tried to tell them their heirloom seeds came in the mail. :rolleyes: but they didn't understand.

makes me think of garden gnome hats

shy girl

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

WATCH behind the log where the squirrel is standing.

I think Squirrel is trying to be a distraction for itty bitty chickadee who is to the left side of the screen, hiding behind the thin limbs that are stacked. Squirrel later followed hawk and stood the same way in a tree close to it. But not too close.

[/UR

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
On your mark, get set, GROW! All seeded and planted except for a few.

first flower of the year, from a box my son gave me for last Mother's Day. I never put in tulips before.

a volunteer has come. These woods behind me are devoid of all the wild flowers I have always loved so I couldn't be more pleased. Welcome Spring Beauty, be fruitful and multiply. You can stay in my flower bed forever and ever.

Members online

No members online now.