home alone

jxxlxxs

Reugar's Mom
I have a little question about my pup. Right now I only work part time and he seems to do fine when hes left home alone ( we pen him in the basement, that way he has plenty of room to run around and not be locked in a cage for hours at a time) he is potty trained 100% so thats not an issue. anyways, im almost done with school and am going to be getting a full time job. my issue is, im basically freaking out about reugar having to be left home all day during the week alone. keep in mind, i take this dog everywhere with me besides work, so its not like hell be left home 18 hours a day every day, only from about 9 am until noon, jerad will come home to let him out and eat lunch so hell be here like an hour, and then from about 1 pm until 5 (sometimes earlier depends what time jerad or i get home from work, jerad works for his dad doing painting, so hes home at different times every day, but never later then 5 pm). Is that too much for him to be left home?? The 2 cats we have are jerads moms and she will be taking them back shortly after christmas time (theyre travelling right now back and forth a lot to both florida and mississippi, so its easier to just have the cats here until they come back home for good) . I dont think I want to get another dog RIGHT now, someday its a possibility, im just not too sure about it right now, esp since im going to be working more, id feel bad getting a new dog and not being able to spend every minute with it. so i was thinking of maybe getting a cat to keep reugar company?? i would never EVER get a kitten, they get sick too easy and i just dont like dealing with tiny kittens, they scare me haha, so i was thinking one thats like 4 or so months old, young enough that it could still be socialized with the dog pretty easy and be able to keep reugar company while im at work. do you think this is a good idea, or should i just leave him by himself?

Rueger will probably be just fine, although since he's used to having a cat for company, he'd likely be happier with another when your Mom's are back home.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
He'll be just fine. My husband and I work all day, and my dog Zeus spends his days napping on the couch. He's a happy, well-adjusted dog and doesn't seem to mind a bit (especially since he's not allowed on the couch when we're home)!

Members online