My weekend......(long story)

Well shadow was sucessfully spayed on friday. Lee dropped her off friday morning and my mum and sis (bless them) picked her up and brought her home.

I was stressed all morning waiting to hear from the vet to see if she was ok. I had a conversation with one of my work colleagues in the morning, I was saying how worried I was about shadow being spayed. He asked me "So, is the postman was doing the op?", I replied "um, no the vet :confused: " so he said "ah right, so its the vet first time doing the op?" (i could now see where this conversation was leading, and feeling a little sheepish) "No" I said sullenly, he said "so the vet hates animals?", again I replied "no", now realising how STuPId it was for me to be worrying about a routine op, that the vet has done a million times. Sometimes all it takes is and outsider to point out the obvious to you! :rolleyes:

Anyway the op went fine, and my mum brought her home. When they arrived I went outside to the car to get shadow, and she was scared of me! She was in the back seat (still drugged up) with my sis, I went into the back of the car and she kept backing away from me and eventually jumped into the front of the car, which terriefied me cos she had stiches in her belly. So I went round to the front of the car, opened the passenger door, as shadow was in the passenger seat, and she jumped onto my mums lap in the drivers seat. She didnt want to me near me! So eventually my sis managed to get her out of the car into the house. Shadow managed to walk a bit wobbily, but again away from me with her tail between her legs, I was almost in tears, she kept scrabbling to get on my sis or mams lap, and kept running away from me. When she was lying down, she would even look at me. I was heartbroken. :( But after talking with my mam, I realised she probably wanted to be with my mam and sis cos they picked her up from the vet. I thought ok she'll come around, and she'll be the same with lee, she'll ignore him too. But no, as soon as lee came home, her little head came up, and she gave a little wag of her tail and gave him a kiss. I was on the verge of tears at this point. Lee said to me, just put ur face close to hers and she'll give you a kiss, he demonstrated and she did, so I leaned in.......and nothing she wouldnt even look at me. I was really upset at this point.......and this carried on ALL night. I got not kisses or tail wags.

But the good news is, the next day she was fine, I went down to the kitchen first thing in the morning to make sure she was ok, and she was all wags and kisses. Yeah, she loves me again. :) a girls affections are so fickle!

Anyway, sunday comes and I have to take her back to the vet for a check up, make sure she's healing properly. I pick up my mum on the way, and take her there, I was a little apprehensive, thinking she may not want to go in there, but its in a massive pet store, and she loves it in there as animals are allowed, and she gets to make new friends. So we check in and she's showing off her stiches to all the dogs, (on her back, legs spread, shes such a tart on times!), and to anyone else who wants a look, the receptionist, nurses, shoppers, anyone really. So our time comes to go into the consulting room, and shadow freezes, lockes legs, will NOT move. Now I didnt handle this situation well, didnt prepare for it at ALL. It was possibly the most ungracefull sitiuation I've ever been in, shadow does that thing that kids do, flops on the floor, and all her limbs go limp, u know so u cant pick them up properly. So im scrabblingon the floor, on all fours, trying to pick shadow up, she's all limp and flopping everywhere, she proceeds to pee all over me, so I slipping on the floor, and in the end I manage to drag her in. It was awful, so embarrasing, and not at all good for shadow. Once in the consulting room, the vet takes her temp, tells us its fine, and said she's already seen shadows stiches, when she was showing them off to everybody outside. All that stuggle for a temperature taking! So I went and bought shadow a new toy and some biscuits for being so good.

And the worst thing is we cant take shadow out for a walk for another 7 days, and we have to try and keep her calm. She's HYPER! She has no real way of wasting all her energy, cos we cant take her out. Im playing with her in the house, but shes flying round like a formula 1 car! She's soooo hyper! Any suggestions on what I can do to wear her out?

Anyway that was my weekend, sorry for the long post!

jxxlxxs

Reugar's Mom
LOL!! i recenly had my dog neutered and i was freaking out about the hyperness too...i dropped him off at the vet at 7 am and was supposed to come get him at 5 ( he was getting neutered, his dewclaws removed, and the last of his baby teeth pulled (4) bc the big ones were already coming in) and they ended up calling me at 2! and said i could come get him bc he seemed fine and was trying to PLAY in his cage haha...so i went and got him, he took a nap at home for like MAYBE an hour, and was up running around like nothing ever happened!! dogs sure are silly sometimes!! lol

Members online

No members online now.