In case of disaster

mrose_s

BusterLove
Just wondering, in a disaster, would you leave your pets behind if instructed?

I live in a place prone to flodding, our river is full of massive crocs and when it does flood, you get on your roof and you stay put. It says that when you go to evacuation centres, don't take your pets.

I just would not be able to do that. I don't care what laws I break, I could never leave my babies behind.

What about you?

nedim

No way. I could never leave Peanut behind. I'd take her over some people I know.

yoko

i live where there's tornadoes all the time... not like we could evacuate. but i wouldn't go to the storm shelter... err... well my bathroom with out yoshi

Sheba

I W A L R
I would never leave my animals, or my friends and family behind, without them, I would be a total mess, tears on my face.I can't imagine life without animals,griends, or family, then again, nobody here ever gets any natural disasters, maybe left-overs from tordanos and such, a few inches of rain, losta puddles, but I would never leave any animals, family, or friends behind.You can tell I'm sety on my desicion for how many times I have said that.

Ild fend for my self if need be before leaving my or my roommates dog behind, and if I could find/catch the cat Ill take her as well.

If I have a full fuel tank and plenty of propane as long as my house is intact and I purchase a propane powerred generator, Ill be sitting pretty good.

Richie12345

no, I don't think so. I can't imagine myself leaving without Coop, just the look of lonliness on his face... he'd be scared... I could never live with myself, I'd never sleep because I'd regret it so much. Just imagining it depresses me even more.... I think I'll go wake up my dog and play with him...

akemi_hikari

Duck Toller Queen
I don't think you'll find a human being alive who has animals who would leave them behind. I remember when I had a hamster I used to think, if there was a fire, she's comin' with me!

akemi_hikari said:
I don't think you'll find a human being alive who has animals who would leave them behind. I remember when I had a hamster I used to think, if there was a fire, she's comin' with me!
Unfortunently that isnt allways the case.

yoko

when i had a hamster and there was a tornado warning and we had to go to a shelter. i took him in my pocket

Meggie

Well, I would hope that if there was an impending catastrophic event, I'd have gotten out of Dodge well ahead of it with my pets so I wouldn't have to make that sort of decision. But, in the unlikely event that I got caught unprepared, I'd like to think that I'd do everything in my power to ensure the safety of my dog. Unfortunately, the reality is that I may be responsible to my pet, but my first priority and responsibility goes to my children. I couldn't say I'd stay and risk their lives or my own. Thankfully, the chances of ever being faced with that non-choice are pretty slim to none where I live. As for not being allowed into a shelter with my dog post-event, well, give us a cushion, a blanket and a little corner of an alley. I DO value my dog's life over my personal comfort.

One thing I'd like to add. Last time there was a serious tornado watch a few years ago, and had to head to the basement bathroom, we had a guinea pig and rabbit running around in the shower with the dog keeping watch outside the shower door. Add to that two kids and I playing cards on top of the cooler..... Small bathroom and I'm claustiphobic, great fun.

Members online

No members online now.