Smoking, pregnant bitches, and puppies

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Does anyone know anything about this? The people who smoke do so in their own rooms with the doors closed, but I can smell it it in my room with my door closed. The litter will be in the spring/summer so my windows COULD be open. I plan to get an air purifier (for myself, because the smell)

Input on if the smoking in other areas of the house will negatively affect the litter?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Nicotine from second hand smoke does affect the nervous system of pets and honestly, with newborn pups...I wouldn't do with just a closed door.

I've never SEEN a case of nicotine poisoning in dogs, but I've heard it happens. Not sure about puppies/in another room.
My old vet said there was a link with nasal tumors as well as the usual lung issues from breathing it in (their lungs are a lot smaller, ESPECIALLY baby pups, it wouldn't take much to really do some damage IMO)

An air purifier and windows should be fine, I mean, people smoke around pets all the time it's not like it's going to kill them but...

especially if this litter is in the summer, can't they take the smoking outside? I mean puppies aside... yuck.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Nicotine from second hand smoke does affect the nervous system of pets and honestly, with newborn pups...I wouldn't do with just a closed door.

I've never SEEN a case of nicotine poisoning in dogs, but I've heard it happens. Not sure about puppies/in another room.
My old vet said there was a link with nasal tumors as well as the usual lung issues from breathing it in (their lungs are a lot smaller, ESPECIALLY baby pups, it wouldn't take much to really do some damage IMO)

An air purifier and windows should be fine, I mean, people smoke around pets all the time it's not like it's going to kill them but...

especially if this litter is in the summer, can't they take the smoking outside? I mean puppies aside... yuck.
Yeah, I wish. Im only here temporarily though, so its not my place to start making demands of other people in their own homes :(

Thanks for the input

Members online