Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old Today, 12:24 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I bet you can guess what my vote is going for

Is it Gumby Shar Pei?

Their dogs are absolutely gorgeous!!!
What a surprise

And it is! I've been in contact with them for quite some time now, this really would be a dream litter.

I've completed the sizable app for the Catahoula, haven't sent it in yet for some reason...did send off an email trying to figure out when I could meet the houndy girl. I really prefer doing it that way, meeting a dog and then applying rather than the other way around. For some reason I'm thrown by signing anything before meeting the dog, even if it's just an application saying I'm not a dog-killer.

I hope I get some sort of strong feeling when I meet the gals, because right now I'm stumped.

Snout Prints on the Window
Old Today, 08:26 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I met a dog yesterday. A intact male Chocolate Labrador, same age as Abrams. Their brains functioned on much the same wavelength (I distracted him in to holding still while being restrained by poking his nose and making a BOOP! noise. He looked at me like I was a amazing LOL). And I suddenly realized that Abrams isn't as much of a pain in the ass as I thought. This dog made Abrams look sane. He had NO concept of holding still, was just a whirlwind of activity, and literally had no self control at all. Brilliant temperament, but his lack of inhibition was causing both him and us to stress out.
Abrams' self control and responsiveness is something we've been working on since day one, and it is still a struggle sometimes - but I got a glimpse of what he'd be like without that work and it made me feel better about myself and realize that while he's not perfect, he is much better than he could be!

I also realized I'm likely insane and a complete sucker for Retrievers, because had his owner asked, "Do you want my dog?" I would have said, "Yes, please." LOL

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old Today, 09:22 AM
Big Dog

I did the extremely responsible, logical, mature thing and let Astro pick which dog I would email about next: I wrote down each option on a piece of paper and set them all down in front of him. He very deliberately reached out his paw and put it on the Catahoula's name, so I sent in the application for her.

I am an actual adult, I swear.

Snout Prints on the Window
Old Today, 09:26 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMutt View Post
I did the extremely responsible, logical, mature thing and let Astro pick which dog I would email about next: I wrote down each option on a piece of paper and set them all down in front of him. He very deliberately reached out his paw and put it on the Catahoula's name, so I sent in the application for her.

I keep offering my hands to Payton asking him which future puppy he would like.
I believe this is a very logical way to make decisions.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old Today, 10:50 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I keep offering my hands to Payton asking him which future puppy he would like.
I believe this is a very logical way to make decisions.
I do this... all the time... when I can't decide on something...

Roxie's always a big help... lol.
Old Today, 11:58 AM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Quote:

Shar Pei are very wise...he won't steer you wrong

If you do end up with a Gumby pup though I expect all the pictures!!!

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old Today, 12:21 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacuptiger View Post
I do this... all the time... when I can't decide on something...

Roxie's always a big help... lol.
See??? Totally legit way to solve problems.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old Today, 12:45 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
What a surprise

And it is! I've been in contact with them for quite some time now, this really would be a dream litter.

I've completed the sizable app for the Catahoula, haven't sent it in yet for some reason...did send off an email trying to figure out when I could meet the houndy girl. I really prefer doing it that way, meeting a dog and then applying rather than the other way around. For some reason I'm thrown by signing anything before meeting the dog, even if it's just an application saying I'm not a dog-killer.

I hope I get some sort of strong feeling when I meet the gals, because right now I'm stumped.
I know that Astro probably just picked the 'houla because she's gorgeous. So I just wanted to pipe in quick.

Two years ago, we were in the same boat. I was ready to add another dog and was flip flopping between rescue/breeder. I found Rider and took the dive.

I don't want to say I regret it, because I don't. Not in any way. He's a great boy, he's taught me a whole lot that has helped me prepare for Tulsa and many future additions. However, I really do wish that I had just waited and gone the breeder route. Obviously I ended up in a super great place with both a rescue AND a breeder dog, but if I had ended up with just Tulsa we would only have two dogs right now.

Just my $.02. I in no way am saying breeder > rescue. AT ALL. I hope it doesn't come off this way. But if you have specific goals and you really feel this litter is right for you, take that route. Because even though rescue dogs are great and many people reach great accomplishments with them I really do feel that puppy is the best way to go.

/puts on flame suit

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/