Vibes for Art

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I'd think its unlikely. Considering the amount of people in my neighbourhood that smoke week heavily and have dogs, and the amount of stories you hear of people purposely trying to get their dogs high..

Glad they're doing better!
Darn, I was hoping if it was the pot we could fix it easily. :(

Thanks!

So glad they are both on the mend after such a scary event!!

As far as pot goes, I'm not sure, but Snipe was smoked around extensively before we got her - she smelled so strongly of pot it took 3 baths to get the odor out of her coat - and she had no issues with tummy upset or anything like you describe.

Have you talked to the landlord about your neighbor/vent issue? Hopefully you don't have to take drug tests for work or something! It sounds like they must be veritable chimneys!
Yeah we've told her, but alas it hasn't been fixed yet. :rolleyes: I'm going to harrass her (politely) until it's fixed. We also have a leak in the roof causing mold on the ceiling that I'm cleaning daily that has yet to be fixed. Yeah, luckily (or right now unluckily) both I and David are unemployed so we don't have to worry about drug tests. lol So now we have no job and no money. :( $50 in my bank account and no way to pay for rent, or anything else for that matter, next month. But I'm just glad Art/Talon are feeling better :) Plus, I should (hopefully) get my tax return this near the end of this month or early next month. *fingers crossed* It wouldn't of been so bad if it weren't for so many unexpected issues (Art/Talon getting sick, David's car broke down stranding him and having to tow it, etc).

I'm really trying to figure out what it is so we can prevent it from happening again. That's my worst fear right now. No money, maxed credit cards, can't do carecredit anymore, and the dogs getting sick again! *eek*

They'd have to inhale a LOT for it to affect them. Usually toxicity from weed is from eating an owner's stash or special foodstuffs, IME.

You know, I'd question what else is coming through the vent if you can actually get woozy off of it. Unless you're exaggerating or talking about at least a few minutes later you're looking at more of an O2 deprivation than any normal pot exposure.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I was actually just watching an episode of The Incredible Dr Pol a couple weeks ago where a dog was sick from eating marijuana. He had some similar symptoms - very lethargic, "seizure like" occurrences where he'd be uncoordinated and lose control of his bladder. No vomiting or diarrhea. But, this dog actually ate it...

Glad they're better!

crazedACD

Oh no, glad they are feeling better.

I'd be concerned about the mold too...check out aflatoxin poisoning. Is it showing up anywhere else in the house? Possibly mold getting into their dog food? Stuffable toys, old bones, etc that might be getting moldy?

ETA..I did a quick look and they do sell DIY mold test kits. I know you are low on cash but it might be something to look into in the future.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
could be the mold. hugs and glad all is good!
Oh no, glad they are feeling better.

I'd be concerned about the mold too...check out aflatoxin poisoning. Is it showing up anywhere else in the house? Possibly mold getting into their dog food? Stuffable toys, old bones, etc that might be getting moldy?

ETA..I did a quick look and they do sell DIY mold test kits. I know you are low on cash but it might be something to look into in the future.
I called the landlord again and they are coming to look at it tomorrow. So hopefully we can solve that issue! The DIY kits, I'll check them out definitely if they don't fix it tomorrow! There's no mold anywhere else, I've been cleaning/killing it with bleach, but because it's a leask in the roof it just comes back. Their food is in an air tight container and we don't have any toys left out with anything sticky/gooey/food on or in it.

They'd have to inhale a LOT for it to affect them. Usually toxicity from weed is from eating an owner's stash or special foodstuffs, IME.
I was actually just watching an episode of The Incredible Dr Pol a couple weeks ago where a dog was sick from eating marijuana. He had some similar symptoms - very lethargic, "seizure like" occurrences where he'd be uncoordinated and lose control of his bladder. No vomiting or diarrhea. But, this dog actually ate it...

Glad they're better!
Yeah, I kinda figured that. Thanks :)

You know, I'd question what else is coming through the vent if you can actually get woozy off of it. Unless you're exaggerating or talking about at least a few minutes later you're looking at more of an O2 deprivation than any normal pot exposure.
No, I walk in the room, a thick cloud of the smell hits me and I feel sick. Not woozy as in dizzy, woozy and in ill. It very well could be other things in that vent, I wouldn't doubt it at all! They are coming to check it tomorrow, so we'll have to see how that goes. :)

Staff online

Members online