Sleep well, little girl

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Casey was euthanized about five minutes ago. My heart is just breaking right now and I can't stop crying. I said my goodbyes at the house and had Mom take her in, because I knew I was going to be an incoherent mess.

To Casey:

You were the best little ferret. The day I got you is one of my best memories. I had begged and pleaded Mom for a ferret for over a year, but she was steadfast in her refusal. Then one day, after piano lessons, I walked out to the car and Mom asked me if I would hold something for her. I was in a bad mood, my lessons hadn't gone well that day, but I said, "Sure, as long as it isn't something stupid." I plopped into the front seat of the car while mom got something out of the trunk. She opened my door and I expected to be handed some type of grocery - but instead, it was you, peaking your little head out of the hole you had made in the box the petstore sent you home in (good thing Mom also bought a carrier, too, as you were completely out of the box in under five minutes). I was speechless and since then you were a constant bright spot in my life. You made me laugh when I was under the weather and helped me take my mind off of things with your silly antics. You didn't have a mean bone in your body, and although you were shy, you loved to give people kisses and you changed many a mind about ferrets. Everyone loved you.

I'm going to miss you. No more struggling to find my shoes in the morning, no more buying rubber duckies for you, no more you helping me put my clothes away and make my bed, no more vacuum playtime. You used to have so much fun playing on the stairs and pestering the cat! Your antics never seemed to end. I remember the day during dinner we all heard a resouding CRASH from my bedroom. Fearing the worst, I went running upstairs to see what had happened. Upon entering my room, I noticed every single thing in my closet had been pushed off the shelves onto the closet floor, and there you were, mischevious little ferret grin on your face, tunneling through the mess and having the best time of your life. I didn't know whether to be upset or die of laughter, but the laughter won out in the end.

I'm sorry the drugs didn't work, that you lost most of your zeal for life. I'm sorry you couldn't play with your toys anymore, or wrestle with Dameon. I'm so, so sorry that I couldn't make you better.

Your free of pain now, and can have as many rubber duckies as you want without having to put up with them being disturbed from their hiding places.

My heart is breaking, but you're at peace and that is what matters.

I love you, little girl. See you in another life.

Cassandra Nukpana "Casey"

1/26/2005 - 11/1/2010

Kit:

1-2ish:

3ish:

4 years old:

Last night:

Sleep well, little girl.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
oh wow, did she ever change over the years <3
I am crying for you, and for the loss of a sweet, sweet ferret. Dook in peace sweetie. You will never be forgotten.

Just as the moth is drawn to flame,
it seems my heart is drawn to pain.
The pain of loving you is clear,
but now before I shed one tear,
I tell myself my heart will mend,
but I will never do again.
The very thing I'm thinking of,
I'm op'ning up for one more love.
Another love will someday leave,
and for him once again, I'll grieve.
But now I simply can't resist,
the joy of one more ferret kiss.
So once again I choose this path,
and take the risk of ferret math.
Again I open my heart's door,
and love like I have not before.
Until the day I say goodbye,
til once again my heart will cry.
Again I'll say "I'll never mend".
Then I will do it all again.
s.pyron10-23-10

Barb04

Super Moderator
May Casey be running free with all our loved ones. I'm so sorry.

Island dog

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking when we lose the amazing personalities we love so much. Take care.

Members online