the saga of onyx

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i have written about my neighbor's dog onyx quite a few times. I have notices that lately there hasn't been a sign of her running about. I saw man of the house out working on his truck so i decided to find out where that bossy brassy Labrador has been. I had seen the pound truck around a few times and have had a worry in the back of my mind. So i walked up there and said Hey how you doing..and where is that big black woman..hehe
he said that on the fourth of july, that the firecrackers scared the piddle out of her. That she stuck to him like glue saying Daddy please protect me...and now she won't hardly leave her yard..and if she does, all he has to do is light a bottle rocket and she zips right home. He let her out so i could have a visit. She is such a pretty labrador and we petted and scratched then i guess because i was there she thought maybe she should give my homestead a visit..but before he could even get the bottle rocket lit (he keeps them handy) she about faced and ran home. I am so happy for her..and for him..as well as Victor and Mary. Talk about the most unique approach to an awful problem. It doesn't hurt her a bit..and considering the animal control officer said if she was picked up one more time she would be pts without a chance for pardon...i am so grateful for once for fireworks. Just thought i would share.

Saje

Island dweller
lol well that's an interesting way to teach boundaries. I'm glad she's safe. And she sounds like she has a nice dad so you can visit. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i dont think it was anything that he just came up with..he just took advantage of the situation and used it for the best. Now if he could just keep the darn kids out of the road i would have a party and celebrate..but one down is a real good thing.. I would feel so bad if Onyx took a one way trip. AS my graphic design teacher said..what ever it takes to get the job done..just as long as it is finished on time! IF i thought firecrackers would keep vic from chasing a squirrel onto the bad neighbor's property i would buy a box too...

Saje

Island dweller
I know it's something that he just happened upon and I'm glad he did. It's much better than any of the consequences!

Barb04

Super Moderator
I just hope Onyx stays put now and doesn't get a chance to run. I wouldn't want anything to happen to that dog either.

Members online

No members online now.