C-BARQ behavior assessment

Red Chrome

Judge got double red flags and in the 94% for Chasing and he got double red flagged for Hyperactivity. He also got a red flag for dog aggression. He sounds like a horrible pet. LOL

LoLa got double red flags in Chewing...haha. A red flag in energy, it is too low and a red flag for food stealing.

Sherman got double red flags in chasing and hyperactivity. He got a red flag in energy.

Last edited:
Yea the test makes mine all look a bit d-baggy. Especially Squash, who is the most socially acceptable dog I have and had the most red flags! But all of the red flags for all of them, while completely true, are either things I don't care about/don't mind/can manage, or things that I actually like or want (yes I want my dogs to pull!), so oh well.

Brattina88

Well, you have to remember that a lot of these traits are considered to be up to the individual. For instance, what they say about the energy/excitability scale is this:
"Red flags for excitability and energy are a concern if you are finding the dog's behavior to be a serious source of irritation. The nuisance value of hyper-excitability tends to arise from its association with annoying behavior, such as excessive barking or jumping up on people, both of which are readily modified by training. As with people, a dog’s energy is strongly influenced by its age, and many owners seem to tolerate or even enjoy very high or very low energy dogs without much problem. However, the ability to tolerate a dog's particular energy level is largely a matter of individual preference."

Staffords scored a bit higher than other dogs in excitability and energy, and mine scored a bit higher than average Staffords. I think of mine as pretty rowdy, but the fact is that they settle really well in the house, so I think their numbers are accurate.
Naw, it made me laugh too and only further proves how inappropriate some dogs are for the average home.
It made me laugh, too. In the future, if foster again I think I'll consider doing this test (or similar) I think it would help me pin point what kind of an owner would be a good fit. For a lot of us here, Bailey included, double red flags for hyperactivity :eek: but I LOVE her energy, and trainability, so it's a good fit :D

I'm very interested in everyone's results :popcorn: we have some "bad" Chaz-dogs :rofl1:

But really, I'd say most Chazzers are more active with their dogs whether that be sports or training or whatever than the regular Joe Shmoe dog owner. So it doesn't surprise me in the least

Jack got red flags stranger-directed aggression (not surprising, he's reactive with strangers), owner-directed aggression (probably due to the resource guarding questions), and attachment/attention-seeking (due to a...lack of attention seeking behavior?). He also got a red flag in energy...probably due to a lack of energy lol.

Only five red flags for Shambles? Color me shocked. Color me more shocked it's stuff that reads as concerning that isn't. I tolerate his shenanigans because they're shenanigans. He's a fine dog. I'm almost afraid to enter Jonas.

GoingNowhere

Haha, I've actually done this test twice now (first time who knows when, so I redid it...)

First time (against all breeds)

red flags in:

stranger directed fear
non social fear
dog related aggression/fear
touch sensitivity
energy (too low I guess???)

Double Red Flags:
attachment/attention seeking (because she doesn't seek it out enough apparently)

This time

red flags in

stranger directed aggression
dog related aggression/fear
stranger directed fear
non social fear
touch sensitivity
attachment/attention seeking (again, too low...)

she's not that bad, haha, I promise!:yikes:

RottenFlower

rotties are my kryptonite
More north of south, but more south of north.
I've only done Kaia's assessment so far, and here it is:

I'm not surprised by it at all, really. She's super fearful around most new people, and is a little needy, but given her history, I can't blame her. I think her touch sensitivity is her hatred of baths? But ultimately, she's pretty great... she's smart, she's biddable, she's goofy and she's flippin' adorable. :)

Members online

No members online now.