November BarkBox

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
What did you get?

Our medium allergy-friendly box contained a box of Caru pork stew, a PetProjekt squeaky raw chicken leg, a P.L.A.Y. plushy carrot, a bag of Superior Farms lamb biscuits, and a little keychain container of wipes from SafeMade.

Also I apparently have like 15 boxes to give away via forwarding an email to people so if anyone wants one send me a pm.

joce

Is it worth trying? Really tempted but keep going back and forth. What's monthly price? Looks nice. And I never try new stuff so sounds good( and when do I go anywhere but TSC anymore lol!)

In my normal large box we got the chicken leg thing and a hedgehog that sounded like a bottle in the body and a squeaker in the hat. (Oh, did I mention that the hedgehog was dressed like a chef? ) I don't remember what treats we got though.

xpaeanx

Is it worth trying? Really tempted but keep going back and forth. What's monthly price? Looks nice. And I never try new stuff so sounds good( and when do I go anywhere but TSC anymore lol!)
I've been wondering this too. I keep thinking about it, and I keep deciding "not now".... Which mostly has to do with, if you want the lower price you have to pay upfront and it adds up to a lot of money.

Brattina88

I haven't gotten mine yet! :(

For those one the fence, I had a subscription and I cancelled it because I felt like I was getting a lot of stuff I wasn't using, and the money could be spent better in a pet store. But I just renewed this month because we missed it - I was spending way more at the pet store, and I realized I like getting different things not avaliable at my local pet store or maybe items out of my "norm", and I like it coming straight to my door! The dogs always like the toys and treats. What I don't think I use, I often give to my Mom for her dogs so it's all good.

MicksMom

What did you get?

Our medium allergy-friendly box contained a box of Caru pork stew, a PetProjekt squeaky raw chicken leg, a P.L.A.Y. plushy carrot, a bag of Superior Farms lamb biscuits, and a little keychain container of wipes from SafeMade...
Is this that thing the AKC offers?

...For those one the fence, I had a subscription and I cancelled it because I felt like I was getting a lot of stuff I wasn't using, and the money could be spent better in a pet store...
That's the reason I haven't signed up (if it's the AKC thing). There's so much, treat wise that Caleb can't have that I didn't think it was worth it.

I haven't gotten mine yet! :(

For those one the fence, I had a subscription and I cancelled it because I felt like I was getting a lot of stuff I wasn't using, and the money could be spent better in a pet store. But I just renewed this month because we missed it - I was spending way more at the pet store, and I realized I like getting different things not avaliable at my local pet store or maybe items out of my "norm", and I like it coming straight to my door! The dogs always like the toys and treats. What I don't think I use, I often give to my Mom for her dogs so it's all good.
I just remind myself whatever I end up in a pet store that I don't have to buy him anything because of my BarkBox. Plus BarkBox is a surprise for both of us

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Free boxes have all been distributed! Thanks for helping me get rid of those!

The way it works is via subscription, I pay for one month at a time so each box is $29 including shipping. If you pay for more months in advance you get a discount per box, all the way down to $19 each if you have the money to pay for a bunch all at once. The boxes get shipped out on the 15th of each month and contain 4 or 5 items, usually some treats and a toy or two. You tell them whether your dog is small, medium, or large and get appropriately-sized toys. The allergy-friendly box was just started a few months ago, it contains no chicken, turkey, beef, corn, so, wheat, or gluten. Most of our treats have been grain-free as well.

I usually do a blog post for our box each month, so here's a basic idea of what you can get:

March
June
July
August
September
October

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only

That's the reason I haven't signed up (if it's the AKC thing). There's so much, treat wise that Caleb can't have that I didn't think it was worth it.
It's not the AKC thing, BarkBox is its own thing. I looked at the AKC thing and felt is was less worthwhile. There's a bunch of different monthly subscription boxes out there though. BarkBox is the only one I've tried.

Grab

I had a three month subscription given to me as a gift last year. I really enjoyed it. I got a lot of items that I just can't get locally, and it was fun to try the new things. With the exception of one toy, Brooks (who is my toy hound) loved all of the toys. And everyone loved the treats and other items :) if I had the extra cash, I'd definitely get more :) It was a fun surprise every month :)

krissy

I used to love getting our BarkBox. I discontinued it when I moved and planned to renew when I arrived in Alberta... but then I discovered they had written a blog post that was very racing greyhound negative. As a result I have sadly had to stop supporting them. :(

Edit: just looked up that post out of curiosity and it appears that they edited it and posted a retraction. Not sure if I will renew my subscription but that's definitely a positive outcome.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Mine came with those deodorizing wipes, a Petsafe Booya toy (which is actually really cool), a trachea, 2 bags of turkey based treats... one was turducken liver treats and I don't remember the other bag.

I loooove my barkbox, definitely renewing my subscription when it ends :)

joce

I ordered! Think a three month supply! Might do a year if I like it! Went with the big dog one!

xpaeanx

I ordered a short one too, large size. If I like it, then when I get a real job I'll prob do the year long one. $19/month isn't terrible, plus there seem to always be 10% off coupons floating around.

MicksMom

It's not the AKC thing, BarkBox is its own thing. I looked at the AKC thing and felt is was less worthwhile. There's a bunch of different monthly subscription boxes out there though. BarkBox is the only one I've tried.
Thank-you for clearing that up for me. :) I may just look into it.

Members online

No members online now.