Fancy Tags

BostonBanker

I've always gotten Fetching Tags (and with great service, which I know has been an issue for some), but I'm currently looking for a tag company that can do something a little more custom in terms of shape/artwork. Ideally a company to whom I can give kind of a vague idea, and have them let me know what they can do with it, since I don't have a crazy specific image in mind.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Company you've used with success? I'm not looking to spend an enormous amount of money, but I'm used to Fetching Tag costs, so not expecting super cheap either.

JacksonsMom

I loooveee Aggie's Anvil. They're definitely a bit more customizable than FT.

They have etching available too besides just stamped.

My two AA tags.

the second one, I wanted a 'House' tv show related tag, so that's why I wanted the H with a box around it and the medical symbol.

https://www.facebook.com/AggiesAnvil

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I plan on purchasing tags from Metal Momentos. I can let you know how they turn out! Christmas gifts for the dogs and Michael.

Aggie's Anvil, hands down! She's the best as far as everything!

I like the looks of Metal Mementos too. Never purchased from her but I think they're probably worth trying because they're just so darn cheap!

JacksonsMom

Aggie's Anvil, hands down! She's the best as far as everything!

I like the looks of Metal Mementos too. Never purchased from her but I think they're probably worth trying because they're just so darn cheap!
I know, I am really liking the looks of them, like a lot, but again: needs no more tags lol.

But yeah I would say they're worth a shot!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
On the topic of Metal Mementos...

I just wanted to chime in here a little since I own 3 tags from MM. I love them, but I'm a little disappointed. They are wearing off. I have photos of them when they were new compared to now that I'll post when I get back to VA.

BostonBanker

Thanks for the suggestions! Aggie's Anvil was very quick to reply to my inquiry, and is hopefully going to be able to come up with something for me. This one is for a gift, but I'm sure one will find its way onto one of my dogs if this all goes as well as it seems that it is going to.

BostonBanker

Those of you who have gotten tags from Aggie's Anvil - what sort of turn around time did you see?

I paid for my tag more than 4 weeks ago now, and nothing. I emailed 48 hours ago - no reply.

I admit I should have asked what the turn around time was on the tags (it is for a gift, and the occasion has passed), but I certainly didn't expect this long. And with the no reply to my email, when all previous emails were answered very quickly, I'm a bit worried.

JacksonsMom

Those of you who have gotten tags from Aggie's Anvil - what sort of turn around time did you see?

I paid for my tag more than 4 weeks ago now, and nothing. I emailed 48 hours ago - no reply.

I admit I should have asked what the turn around time was on the tags (it is for a gift, and the occasion has passed), but I certainly didn't expect this long. And with the no reply to my email, when all previous emails were answered very quickly, I'm a bit worried.

Her service seems to have been slow lately. I know I got my tags in a pretty decent time -- I think it was like 2 1/2 weeks. But it was a little while ago. Amber waited forever, but I know AA owner was accommodating. I'm sorry you haven't gotten yours yet though, that sucks majorly. :(

I know you already contacted AA, but Etsy is a gold mine for pet id tags. I've gotten a number of tags I really like a lot.

BostonBanker

Her service seems to have been slow lately. I know I got my tags in a pretty decent time -- I think it was like 2 1/2 weeks. But it was a little while ago. Amber waited forever, but I know AA owner was accommodating. I'm sorry you haven't gotten yours yet though, that sucks majorly.
Yeah, I'm bummed. Like I said - I should have asked. It seemed like people were really happy with them compared to Fetching Tags (which I've always gotten in about 2 weeks), so I just assumed it would be comparable time-wise.

And sort of worried that I look like the jerk who didn't get a gift, even though I've said one was coming.

Mostly, I'd like a reply to my email at this point so I can kind of plan if I need to just order one from elsewhere to get the gift-giving taken care of.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Your experience with AA mirrors mine. Took 6 weeks to get my tags with a half hearted email apology after I emailed to ask what on earth was going on. I won't buy from them again.

Grab

I had a similar issue. Something like a 5 or 6 week wait, then a not really apologetic email with a timeframe. Then I still didn't get it in the estimated timeframe. This was even for a simple stamped tag. I mean, I had a collar made in the time it took to get a stamped tag..

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I know you already contacted AA, but Etsy is a gold mine for pet id tags. I've gotten a number of tags I really like a lot.
I've had a wonderful experience with etsy as well. I have a few SOLID ones from Fetching Tag and such but for cute? Etsy.

Another vote for Aggie's Anvil here. I know she's been swamped, so it's possible your email got lost in the shuffle. She just replied to one of mine I sent a few weeks ago because she didn't see it when it first came through. It wouldn't hurt to resend for anyone that's having troubles. She has an amazing assortment of stamps, colors, shapes and more. I have six coming my way, and I'm super excited!

And I know Mad Dog Metalworks has kind of a mixed history as far as some issues with some people, and company drama, but I'm happy with the tags I've gotten from her. Corvus still wears his that I've had for a couple of years, and they still look fine. The stamping has held up well, so I have no issues with quality.

I did order a couple of really cute tags on Etsy, but I was really disappointed with one of them (it's as thin as a sheet of paper, my rabies tag is made better than this one), and the other one is RIDICULOUSLY adorable, but Ditto bent it within a week of wearing it. I'm sort of leery of buying anymore from companies I'm not familiar with.

I ended up using mad dog metalworks after chasing fetching tags around for several weeks with no resolution. They gaurenteed it would be there in two weeks or the tag would be free, so I figured I had nothing to lose.

I was very pleased with the tag. It was cheaper then my fetching tag (which arrived after 6 weeks and me demanding a refund), and I like it just as well if not better

BostonBanker

Your experience with AA mirrors mine. Took 6 weeks to get my tags with a half hearted email apology after I emailed to ask what on earth was going on. I won't buy from them again.
Well, today is six weeks for mine since payment was made, so maybe I'm about to get lucky and see the tag. It was supposed to be a new puppy present, but at this point, maybe it will just be a "Congratulations on your ADCH!" present.

I'll be sticking with Fetching Tags now. I've gotten 4 from them, and I think the longest one took me was still under 3 weeks. Although it sounds like tag companies in general have pretty mixed reviews all around for service.

Members online