Ollie (Grammy's Ollie)

Barb04

Super Moderator
My heart is breaking over the news that Ollie passed peacefully last night. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and the time came for him go to the rainbow bridge with all of our loved ones.

Many on Chaz will remember Grammy (bubbatd) who touched our hearts in many ways. When Grammy passed away, her Ollie went to live with her daughter's (Amy) sister-in-law to enjoy life with 3 boys.

I just know that Ollie was greeted by Grammy when he arrived.

Here are a few pics to remember:

Ollie with lots of Chaz dogs at a mod meeting we had:

Ollie & Grammy

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THat mod meeting is the best vacation I ever had. GRammy made me feel so welcome. Ollie was not pleasant to Victor, but it was still all good. I will never forget Ollie holding on to Victor's leash and slowly pulling him off the deck while Victor back peddled for all he had. Revenge is sweet since Victor came in and took Ollie's most favorite toy (obvious from the stiff spity spikes of plush hamburger. Oliie was soooo good to Grammy, never bumping her or knocking her. I hve her pic rubbing his ear over my desk because I miss our morning conversations so dearly. His face is pure bliss. Sending up a mournful howl for three of the chazhound mod crew. All i believe is Ollie is with them. My heart goes out to Ollie's new Mother and family. He will leave a big hole in the space around them, good dogs always do. THey take some of us with them, but they leave lots of them here too. WE just have to hang onto that, our memories, and be grateful for them. He was a very blessed dog for the last half of his life. Don't know what led him to the shelter where Grammy found him.

THings I remember about Ollie. He was a paper thief. Grammy did his 'ears" every night at bed time. He had a tail that was a flag of glory and a smile that lit up the air around him.

Last edited:
I saw this on FB this morning and my heart sank.

I am not religious in any way... but I have always, possibly just for the sake of my sanity, believed in the Rainbow Bridge or a version of such where we reunite with our pets after our lives on earth are over. I can't give up that belief because sometimes the hope that I'll see my beloved pets again is all that gets me through their passing.

So, even though I was sad about Ollie's passing, part of me couldn't help but smile thinking that Ollie and Grammy will be together again now.

Be easy Ollie, and find Grammy. Catch up on all those ear rubs you've been missing out on. <3

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
So sad to hear this. I think about Grammy a lot. I hope she and Ollie are reunited together in another life.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
awww that's such bittersweet news. I hope it means he's with Grammy now but sad he's gone from this earth

Doberluv

Awww...such lovely photos. Poor Ollie. I remember them both like they were just here. It doesn't seem long at all since Grammy went away. My heart goes out to the family at such a sad time. It must be like losing another part of Grammy to lose her beloved dog too. I'm really sorry. But he's free of sickness and that's a good thing. Those photos and I'm sure many others, I hope will be a comfort.

Members online

No members online now.