Calling all Conformation pros... *pics*

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Alright, I'd like an HONEST opinion on every aspect of the Shelties and the Belgian Tervurens confirmation shots. I want it specific to the breed as well, so if you know anything about the breed please give any opinions you have on them. The shelties are currently 5 months old, and Riot is 3 months old. (so they are obviosly still growing in their coats, and Riot is still growing into.. everything he has lol)

First is Riot, not the greatest angle, but when no one is there to help out its difficult lol

Hes arching his back in this and most of his weight is in his back end because of the way hes moving in it, but you get the idea of some of it ;)

and a head shot to see his face..

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Now, here is Jada.. She is a reg'd Shetland Sheepdog. a little over 5 months old.

Jada at "stand show"

and again at "stand show"

Head shot of Jada

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
now this is Crosby, full brother to jada, he is also a Reg'd Shetland Sheepdog. He is just over 5 months old.

Crosby at "stand show" (he leaned in towards me slightly in the pic)

Head shot of Crosby

Profile shot of Crosby

Last head shot of Crosby

I dont know much about the breed, but it looks to me like her stack needs a bit of work, she needs to have her legs slightly further back and encourage her to come forward a little to straighten her front legs

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
GJ i definately agree :) She is still learning, but i need someone to stand infront of her with a treat or something to have them with even weight lol

Riot needs lots of work, he wont stand still when I go to work on him with Stand Show lol

RD

Are you dead yet?
Okay.. I'm not an expert on either breed, and I don't know the standard for the Tervs at -all-. (But Riot looks to be a very nice, sound puppy [of course, he'd look better if he didn't try to arch his back. ;) ] and I LOVE his expression.)

Jada first of all, has a very pretty head. Her bite looks lovely, and her expression is so sweet.
My problem with Jada is that the Sheltie standard calls for a level topline, and she looks a bit high in the rear. I wouldn't say it's a major problem yet since she's still such a pup (And this is the age for the weird, awkward stages!) but I'd definitely keep an eye on that if you're planning to show, because that could really hold her back in the ring.

Crosby is a little more stocky and manly than Jada, his topline looks very good. My concern with him would be that, at least judging by the picture, his elbows turn in. It may have just been the way he was standing, I know how hard it is to stack dogs and take pictures all by yourself!!

The two of them look beautiful, great looking ears too. (Most shelties have wild bat-type ears. It drives me nuts.) Are you planning on showing them?

Members online

No members online now.