my puppy sleep too much

my puppy (8 weeks old) sleeps like a pig, he sleeps for like 3-5 hours straight and then wake up, eat, and do his business , we play w/ him for a little bit and then he gets tire and go back to sleep, can you guys tell me is this normal for puppies?

bubbatd

Don't knock it !! Enjoy !! Puppies sleep a lot...especially when they go to their new homes..... they don't get much sleep when with their litter !

thank you, he looks so cute & innocent, doesn't he?! :)

btw, how come when i put a dog leash around his neck and try to walk him, he doesn't want to walk or follow me but when i take it off then he would wiggle his tail and follow happily. can you tell me what i need to do to get him use to the dog leash?

thanks

Fran27

Keep it on him in the house at first, so he gets used to it. Then when he's on leash try to make him come to you with a treat in your hand and get him to follow the treat while you walk next to him. He should catch it pretty fast.

And he's really adorable! What breed/mix is he?

his mom is a beagle, his father is a pekingese.

ok i will put the dog collar on him in the house, but i should take it off when he goes to sleep eh?

thanks

bubbatd

He's too young for a collar and leash. Get him used to a collar... ( I " undress" them at night ) and get a harness for walks.... safer for them ... make it fun time !!!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Very cute pup. I thought mine slept too much too, but I haven't had a young pup in a long time. My Jake is now 10 weeks old. He didn't seem to mind the collar too much. I used a light puppy leash outside when I walk him. At first I put it on him and let him pull the leash to get used to it. Now he doesn't mind the leash.

Members online

No members online now.