Soft but durable tug- help me

AliciaD

On second thought...
Sooooo wonderful chazzers- I am looking for a very durable tug but with a fluffy exterier. Cameron loves to tug but she really only likes to tug with her faux fur stuffed toys and wool toys. She loses interest with rope tugs. Unfortunately she is a strong tugger and will tear her toys apart.

So I guess I'm looking for a really durable tug toy but with a faux fur or soft covering. I was thinking if I can't finf anything I could buy a jute tug or something and then buy some faux fur to make a sleeve for it.

But I'm not craftsy and I probably couldn't get it to last more than a couple sessions.

Thoughts?

These!

Car washing mitten thingys. Love them for tugging and they tend to have a lining and hold up decently. Plus they're cheap.

Polar fleece! Makes fantastic toys, it comes it different thicknesses as well. Fabric stores will have the thicker stuff, walmart blankets are made from the thin stuff. But you can make them buy just braiding it normal, I use a loom and make them like this:

This one I also used old jeans in, but they are pretty easy and very cheap to make!

MicksMom

Kyjen's Firehose bumper with the bungee handle has held up really well here (we've had it almost 7 years). Granted, in general, Caleb is not a huge tugger, but the this toy is the exception. The bungee handle stretched out, but I tied a knot in it to prevent him from catching a leg in it when he's retrieving it (of all his bumpers, this one is his absolute favorite).

http://www.wayfair.com/Kyjen-Fire-Hose-Stretch-Dog-Toy-FH05027-26-25-KJQ1021.html

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Fabric stores carry a variety of fabrics, which you can braid into a tug. Knot square braids are super easy, 4-strand rounds are cake too, or you do a classic 3-strand braid. YouTube probaby has tutorials if you don't know how. There are a couple fleece tug leads, including a fuzzy one, in my post on the leashes thread --- you'd just make the same thing w/o the martingale end.

CleanRun sells some too but I don't know about quality. Their fur tugs are good.

I think SaraB (on this forum) makes such things for sale too, in whatever color or color combo you like.

Members online