My puppy ate a chicken bone!

kitcatak

Chow Chow Lover
Ok, we ordered Pizza tonight and got some plain chicken wings. My 2 year old left her plate on a low bench and Leo grabbed a wing. There was no way he was giving that up! By the time I chased him down (little rascal) he was done with it. Do you think he will be ok? What do I watch for? I know that you are not supposed to feed dog's cooked chicken bones because they splinter. Ugh! The little monster won't eat anything he is supposed to eat, just the stuff he shouldn't!

kitcatak

Chow Chow Lover
Hey, Blue! Why do they tell us not to feed cooked chicken bones then? I tell you, this puppy and his eating habits are going to drive me insane! He won't eat cheese flavored dog bisquits, but he steals my daughters cheetohs when she isn't looking!

Look like snow in your area tonight? It is raining here now, I am sure it will be white by morning! ugh!

kitcatak

Chow Chow Lover
So there won't be damage done on the way down BY the splintered chicken bones? Sorry, I have a cat with a hole in his airway caused accidentally by the vet and I don't want a puppy with the same problem!

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
feed it bread ok! soft bread will wrap itself around anything forgein in the stomach so will coat it. Our dogs ate a chicken bone once, we gave them lots and lots of bread to eat and they were fine.

I didnt know about the bread trick, I was hoping to ease your worry since it was allready a done eatin.

Its snowwing or trying to just isnt going to stick.

kitcatak

Chow Chow Lover
Well, he only ate a half a slice, but it was a small wing, so I will just hope it is enough. He is being his same bratty self :) so I assume he will be ok! (fingers crossed) I don't want anymore late night runs to the vet, the ones I have had with my cat are enough!!

I dont think the snow will stick either, but I bet the mountains will have more then termination dust in the morning!!

Members online

No members online now.